Home

Better patch & tuner management is badly needed for NCAA Series

This is a discussion on Better patch & tuner management is badly needed for NCAA Series within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #33
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Complaining around here will always be unreal. Just look in the Madden forum, they asked for physics for years, they got it and now people don't want it, go figure.

But anyway, it is a part of the sport. Bad snaps happen, bad hand offs happen. And it happens in GOOD WEATHER as well. Just looking at this Missouri-Georgia game, bad snaps, bad hand offs galore.

So EA needs some kind of mechanism in place to reproduce the mistakes freshmen and inexperienced players make in real life. It has to be a down side and a huge risk for having freshmen starters on your team.

As it stands now, you can start all freshmen if you want with no risk or downside what so ever. That is one of the main problems with this game. It is all rewards and upside for EVERYTHING you do. There is no risk, no downside for playing stupid.
I agree with you 100%

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Better patch & tuner management is badly needed for NCAA Series

Quote:
Bad snaps need to happen. 2nd week in a row and I'm seeing game after game with freshmen or just new starting centers snapping the ball over the QB's and the punter's head.

In the Missouri-Georgia game I'm watching right now, Missouri had 2 high snaps in the opening drive alone. With the second one going way over the QB head.
Sims fans would love it...On-line whiners would whine... EA would tune/patch it right out. They only cater to online whiners.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:36 PM   #35
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Sims fans would love it...On-line whiners would whine... EA would tune/patch it right out. They only cater to online whiners.
Imagine the outrage if someone loses the BCS due to a bad snap. The complaints would file in hilariously quick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Complaining around here will always be unreal. Just look in the Madden forum, they asked for physics for years, they got it and now people don't want it, go figure.

But anyway, it is a part of the sport. Bad snaps happen, bad hand offs happen. And it happens in GOOD WEATHER as well. Just looking at this Missouri-Georgia game, bad snaps, bad hand offs galore.

So EA needs some kind of mechanism in place to reproduce the mistakes freshmen and inexperienced players make in real life. It has to be a down side and a huge risk for having freshmen starters on your team.

As it stands now, you can start all freshmen if you want with no risk or downside what so ever. That is one of the main problems with this game. It is all rewards and upside for EVERYTHING you do. There is no risk, no downside for playing stupid.
2K had it figured out a long time ago with Team Unity in College Hoops 2K8 The sad part is the list of issues you have are issues that have been going on for years. EA doesn't care if they fix it. Now I'm not like some of these guys that just likes 2K games. I bought the EA college series since the Bill Walsh days.... until this year. I finally decided they would not get my money anymore without proving themselves first. From the looks of it I made a good decision. It's sad because EA was always better and that's why I played their college series instead of 2K. I can even remember playing one of the first one's that didn't have the colleges, instead I was playing with Tuscaloosa instead of Alabama.

The only thing I can tell everyone is don't buy the game next year, unless they prove it's worthy. It may not send a huge message or it may? I don't really know how many of us are just tired of a sub par game. I do know that every year people say they are not going to buy and then they do anyways and then complain. They have that right, but that isn't going to change anything. As long as EA has your money they will not change. They may not miss my money, but either way it sure makes me feel better
Old 09-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Bad snaps/exchanges could always be included as an optional thing that could be turned on or off. That way both demographics would be happy.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 09-09-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:43 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Bad snaps/exchanges could always be included as an optional thing that could be turned on or off. That way both demographics would be happy.
Sure, but we can't even get working penalty sliders or other sliders for that matter.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:02 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0
Need to flood and I mean flood ea day after day with fix the db glitch.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 5
quality control has never been EAs strong point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »