Home

This Needs to be Polled: how many are aware of the DB Glitch?I

This is a discussion on This Needs to be Polled: how many are aware of the DB Glitch?I within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should EA place fixing the DB Glitch as their highest priority?
Absolutely - I can't play this game until it's fixed. 220 66.27%
I don't care as long as I can score easily and win. 27 8.13%
Shut up can I just have more uniforms? 85 25.60%
Voters: 332. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: This Needs to be Polled: how many are aware of the DB Glitch?I

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratospaly
Sure am.. and the settings I play on are obviously harder than yours because the safeties actually play like they should.

Maybe you should come out off of your high horse of playing an obviously broken Heisman difficulty where you can toss it up at will to score points.

I still stand firm that this bug is not present on AA difficulty, and before this post there were many who said the same.
I've tried everything from varsity to Heisman trying to fix the game. You probably don't notice the glitch because with User sliders at 75 you could run or at least should be able to run all over the AI without ever having to throw a deep ball.

The bug is present, you just don't know what you are looking at. The pass coverage is better on Varsity because the defense ignores the ZOne aggressive even though the gameplan switches to it, but it is for sure there on AA and Hesiman.

Post your AA sliders, proof is in the pudding, I am sure Matt will test them out and put up a video.

Last edited by fistofrage; 09-10-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #66
Rookie

CrShepard's Arena

OVR: 0

I have played and watched alot of games with this version of NCAA, been an NCAA guy since the obligitory Bill Walsh days. I have played all the difficulty levels, changed sliders, changed attributes, changed coaching aggresion sliders, changed coaching tendencies, taken control of the defense late in games for both sides. All in a vain attempt to make the DB's and Safeties play somewhat realistically. EA NEEDS to address this issue. Matt10 is on point when he says this game is very close, but unless the defensive backfield play is not addressed in a tuner or a patch then this game is broken for me. I don't want to be one of those guys that says, "this is it I will not buy another EA title again," simply because I love college football and hope against hope every year that this is the year. Well this could be the year if they would just address this issue. EA Please address this one issue if nothing else, there is a good game lying just beneath the surface, just a few more tweaks and this could be a very good title.

Last edited by CrShepard; 09-10-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I've tried everything from varsity to Heisman trying to fix the game. You probably don't notice the glitch because with User sliders at 75 you could run or at least should be able to run all over the AI without ever having to throw a deep ball.

The bug is present, you just don't know what you are looking at. The pass coverage is better on Varsity because the defense ignores the ZOne aggressive even though the gameplan switches to it, but it is for sure there on AA and Hesiman.

Post your AA sliders, proof is in the pudding, I am sure Matt will test them out and put up a video.
I will gladly make a video. Heck if Strats sliders are a fix - then heck yeah I will shut this thread down myself.

We are not complaining to complain - we are DESPERATE to play this game. NCAA 13 is the best I've ever played in the nexgen series imho. I want to frickin play it and not have to worry about this stupid issue. Seriously. We are not trying to gang up on anybody - and not trying to be argumentative.

I'm glad this thread has brought to light what some have already experienced - and this thread will not go to the bottom of the page because I won't allow it. I can post more videos of more games, with more sliders, on more difficulties.

Fist is right - the zone aggressive is the problem. Of course there could be additional problems contributing to it - but that is what we have seen and tested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrShepard
I have played and watched alot of games with this version of NCAA, been an NCAA guy since the obligitory Bill Walsh days. I have played all the difficulty levels, changed sliders, changed attributes, changed coaching aggresion sliders, changed coaching tendencies, taken control of the defense late in games for both sides. All in a vain attempt to make the DB's and Safeties play somewhat realistically. EA NEEDS to address this issue. Matt10 is on point when he says this game is very close, but unless the defensive backfield play is not addressed in a tuner or a patch then this game is broken for me. I don't want to be one of those guys that says, "this is it I will not buy another EA title again," simply because I love college football and hope against hope every year that this is the year. Well this could be the year if they would just address this issue. EA Please address this one issue if nothing else, there is a good game lying just beneath the surface, just a few more tweaks and this could be a very good title.
Agree 100% man. I am not one of those guys who will jump ship either honestly. THis is the very first time I have had an issue that is a gamebreaker for me...seriously. I have come to terms that we will have to do something to make the game better and more realistic. There are work arounds, and there have been work arounds for past series. This is the ONE thing I cannot work around. College season just started and I already can't play this game without feeling guilty of every victory.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0

Matt - You're the man, keep up the good work and keep up the pressure.

Do we have any method to contact EA to see if this problem is being addressed? If they have no plans to address it, we might as well cut-bait and trade this game in......or mail it back to EA with a sticky note attached to it reading "Please fix me". This single-deep ball issue is keeping me from playing the game.

Before we all go nuts on each other on this thread we really should see what, if anything , EA has up its sleeve. So who wants to volunteer to call corporate?
Old 09-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK22867
Matt - You're the man, keep up the good work and keep up the pressure.

Do we have any method to contact EA to see if this problem is being addressed? If they have no plans to address it, we might as well cut-bait and trade this game in......or mail it back to EA with a sticky note attached to it reading "Please fix me". This single-deep ball issue is keeping me from playing the game.

Before we all go nuts on each other on this thread we really should see what, if anything , EA has up its sleeve. So who wants to volunteer to call corporate?
Its an easy fix it would seem, just make the AI incapable of calling agressive zone on the gameplan. Its the only gameplan thing they touch and not suprisingly, it wrecks the game.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #70
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Its an easy fix it would seem, just make the AI incapable of calling agressive zone on the gameplan. Its the only gameplan thing they touch and not suprisingly, it wrecks the game.
I'm sure aggressive zone coverage is a problem, but it's not the (only) cause of the glitch in the OP. Below is a vid from a user v. user Orange bowl game in my SMU OD. I called a dime 2-3-6 cover 4. I had all gameplanning on balanced, yet you can see my SS (upper right corner of the screen) going side to side.

College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratospaly
Once again, maybe its my formation, playing on AA, or whatever other reason, but I have only seen this happen once. Out of 10 seasons of throwing 30+ passes a game.

If I run an outside streak on a cover 2 zone it is a pick every time. EVERY TIME! The only time I throw it deep is when the D shows safety blitz, cover 1, or cover 3 pre-snap. If I throw it deep into a safety zone it is easily picked. If you would like I could make 100 videos of this and claim "the proof is in the pudding" which would be just as anecdotal as the above videos.

The easiest way to see the glitch work is pick a team that runs a 5 wide spread. Select any pass play (doesn't matter which one). Audible the slot receiver to a streak and 9 out 10 times and easy wide open TD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I'm sure aggressive zone coverage is a problem, but it's not the (only) cause of the glitch in the OP. Below is a vid from a user v. user Orange bowl game in my SMU OD. I called a dime 2-3-6 cover 4. I had all gameplanning on balanced, yet you can see my SS (upper right corner of the screen) going side to side.

Well, before the last patch, If i put the coaching aggressiveness sliders on 85/15, the AI would either stay balanced or go conservative. They always had really good deep coverage. I have only seen them go agressive since the patch. They start the game balanced, but you'll see when they switch to aggressive. The safety goes right up into that dead zone while the WR runs past.

I think it might be an isolated incident what you have in your video, but who knows. If it isn't just the zone aggressiveness, then it probably isn't an easy fix. And it won't get fixed. This game will have to be shelved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »