Home

Coaching carousel order

This is a discussion on Coaching carousel order within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2012, 12:01 AM   #1
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8
Coaching carousel order

In the coaching carousel, is it the same order each year? I am the commish and always last to get to look through teams. Or is there a way to change the order/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Coaching carousel order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyuimintojsus
In the coaching carousel, is it the same order each year? I am the commish and always last to get to look through teams. Or is there a way to change the order/
I don't know what the order is in an OD, but I'd guess it's the same as an offline dynasty. There the job openings are filled by prestige level and then alphabetically for each level.(IE. A-Z 6* HCs then A-Z 5* HCs, A-Z 6* coordinators somewhere after that, A-Z 1* coordinators last).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't know if there is a specific order other than those that are potentially up for other jobs.

I do know that our commish does usually get the final say even if he has gone prior to that.

I know that one of our coaches was the first candidate on like 2 jobs, one early and one much later in the process. after the few of us that had options declined them our Commish then went through his final 4 options but declined them all as well.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #4
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

Guess I was wondering the order of the users. I have been last to go each year and was wondering if that order changed.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Guess I was wondering the order of the users. I have been last to go each year and was wondering if that order changed.
I thought that the best fit for the job (prestige, play style, alma mater, etc) was the first one to get the offer. Are you the least prestigious coach?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #6
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

I probably have the highest prestige. But I am kind of confused by the responses. I mean, one user goes through all the jobs til he determines what he wants. Then second, so on and I've been last.

The whole one early and one later in the process or the play style - I don't get - because it has only gone one user, two user, so forth after each one decides. No early in process or later etc.
Idk
Old 09-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
I probably have the highest prestige. But I am kind of confused by the responses. I mean, one user goes through all the jobs til he determines what he wants. Then second, so on and I've been last.

The whole one early and one later in the process or the play style - I don't get - because it has only gone one user, two user, so forth after each one decides. No early in process or later etc.
Idk
I was speaking mainly from offline experience so you can probably disregard what I said as it sounds like it's different in ODs.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:21 AM   #8
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

going off of pure memory rather than 100% fact.

user teams that had coaching offers and declined/stayed with current contract:
Maryland(fired) no Head Coaching offers, quit/out of dynasty.
A&M 1 job top candidate
WVU 1 job 2nd candidate
North Carolina(commish) 5 jobs
Wazzu(me) 1 job 3rd candidate
S.Carolina 2 jobs top candidate
Iowa 1 job 2nd candidate(I think)

Users that had no other offers from other schools:
Mizzou
Baylor
Washington
Mich St.
Utah

every user/coach had worked their coaching prestige to at least a B+ with the exception of Maryland.

every user team finished in the top 15(North Carolina was top14 BCS but top 22 other polls) where as everyone else was even across the polls.

so for sure the order was not alphabetical nor was it based on school prestige or coach prestige, I went middle of the pack despite having the highest coaching prestige A+ and lowest school prestige 1* and finishing without the playing in the pac12 title, losing my BCS bowl game and a 10-3 record.

the 1 job offer I was up for was Air Force and their coaching candidates were South Carolina, WVU and then Wazzu(me).

sorry if this just muddles the water even more...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »