Home

Cheese plays

This is a discussion on Cheese plays within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2012, 02:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Cheese plays

Using the UCLA (Spread) playbook, does anyone have any plays that work virtually every time? I only play the CPU so I dont really care about cheesing. If you know of any plays in other playbooks let me know since I am creating my own playbook as well. I am a very casual gamer so I need a few of these plays to keep in my back pocket.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Cheese plays

I'd like to know some of these plays too. I'm both a casual gamer and don't know much about football (although i'm learning alot now!).

Having a money play up my sleeve would be a good thing because I'll only be playing offline dynasty.

I know this might peeve some people, asking for cheese plays might be considered cheating, but hopefully you guys understand that it's only personal choice (not online cheesing) and we can get some suggestions.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #3
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

From what I understand, any play that works 50+% of the time is cheese to someone. I made a thread on it a while back.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:21 PM   #4
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6

Well if you use 0 speed threshold, 4 verts in any Ace formation always works. I use it in desperate situations. I find DBs get beat more often on streak routes in when the QB is under the C rather than Shotgun.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 20

Most plays (and I literally mean every play in the game) will "work" for what they're designed to do if executed correctly against a defensive playcall that is deficient against that play. Follow me?

What you want to do, imo, is create a playbook with only a few formations and 3-6 plays per formation. After a long enough time, all those plays will become your "cheese" plays while the ones you've never ran before won't be. Yeah?

This is why just about every play is "cheese" to someone. Namely, the someone who can't stop it. For God's sake someone in another thread was calling goalline counter a cheese play.

Last edited by NEOPARADIGM; 10-01-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 03:39 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
Most plays (and I literally mean every play in the game) will "work" for what they're designed to do if executed correctly against a defensive playcall that is deficient against that play. Follow me?

What you want to do, imo, is create a playbook with only a few formations and 3-6 plays per formation. After a long enough time, all those plays will become your "cheese" plays while the ones you've never ran before won't be. Yeah?

This is why just about every play is "cheese" to someone. Namely, the someone who can't stop it. For God's sake someone in another thread was calling goalline counter a cheese play.
he just gave you some good advice..n also try the goaline counter wk out for yourself.i can stop it but eventually with the inconsistent blocking on this game he has to get lucky thats why he willl spam it so much when in reality it a dumb playcalling on his part goaline at the 50 wow.he also abused 4 vert in ncaa 12 lol

Last edited by dominique314; 10-02-2012 at 03:43 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #7
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM

Damn near quoted my OP in this thread
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-football.html
Another one who sees what I am saying
Old 10-03-2012, 01:51 PM   #8
Rookie

pembo0630's Arena

OVR: 2

Here's something to try in practice. I've been running these two plays intensively since NCAA 08 and across multiple teams (still use the Mizzou playbook though).

Shotgun formation (Mizzou/Spread)--> Horizontal and Corner Strike work almost every time. Make sure you choose the corner strike that sends the halfback and fullback underneath in opposite directions and not the one that only sends the halfback. Both of these plays are great for rollouts as there is an underneath RB running a short out and a receiver running a crossing route. You are almost guaranteed two options to throw to, both running the same direction with one underneath and one deep. Against zone coverage, Corner Strike to the crossing receiver is easily 25 yards a pop. It is also very effective against corner and safety blitzes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »