Home

The Anatomy of a Players Overall Rating - NCAA 2013

This is a discussion on The Anatomy of a Players Overall Rating - NCAA 2013 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 1
For O-line, run block and strength are both used. Well, last year run block footwork and run block strength were used but since EA took them out I guess it is just run block and strength. Last year I think run block was just used for simming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: The Anatomy of a Players Overall Rating - NCAA 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
For O-line, run block and strength are both used. Well, last year run block footwork and run block strength were used but since EA took them out I guess it is just run block and strength. Last year I think run block was just used for simming.

No the EA rep posted a article and STRENGTH is used to determine how long a block is held. The Run Block and Pass block is just how accurate he is at making the right reads. Impact would be the determiner of driving back or pancakes.

Another words a Guard that is 99 Strength, 1 pass block, 1 run block, 99 impact block would miss a bunch of reads but when he did block someone he would hold a while and push back or pancake more. Where a guard 1 strength, 99 pass block, 99 run block, 1 impact would make every read yet could not hold a block or push anyone back.

Makes ZERO sense logically but that is how they said it works.

Last edited by Phobia; 01-29-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #35
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
Where can you find which attributes are used for sim and which ones are used for game play?

I second this request. If anyone can link or repost what the EA reps have indicated certain atts do/activate, that would be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2013, 07:14 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
No the EA rep posted a article and STRENGTH is used to determine how long a block is held. The Run Block and Pass block is just how accurate he is at making the right reads. Impact would be the determiner of driving back or pancakes.

Another words a Guard that is 99 Strength, 1 pass block, 1 run block, 99 impact block would miss a bunch of reads but when he did block someone he would hold a while and push back or pancake more. Where a guard 1 strength, 99 pass block, 99 run block, 1 impact would make every read yet could not hold a block or push anyone back.

Makes ZERO sense logically but that is how they said it works.
Last year he said agility goes with run/pass block footwork and strength goes with run/pass block strength. And run/pass block was soely for simming. But I have no idea how it works this year.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:29 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 3

Well, the funny thing is all 4 of the strength/footwork ratings are still in the game, just hidden console side. We found them in the editor.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:56 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
Well, the funny thing is all 4 of the strength/footwork ratings are still in the game, just hidden console side. We found them in the editor.
Ridiculous. Why would they hide them? Where can I get an editor?

Old 01-29-2013, 08:22 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 3

Have no idea, unless its part of EA getting ready for merging both football games.
If you're on 360, check out the thread in the roster forum on the Generic Editor, and also the Madden Roster forum. If you're on PS3...sorry.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #40
Rookie

Re: Recruiting and Overall Rating Breakdown - NCAA 2013

i still use the recruiting info portion of this thread. awesome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »