Home

Paging GotMadSkillzSon! I Think I'm On To Something!

This is a discussion on Paging GotMadSkillzSon! I Think I'm On To Something! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #9
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Paging GotMadSkillzSon! I Think I'm On To Something!

Not to mention you may run back into the whole head tracking glitch where on the option the DB or LB just sits there with their head locked on to another player while the ball carrier runs right past them.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:52 AM   #10
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

TarHeel have you found some consitency with these findings? There wouldn't be much to edit to at least fix the running backs a but more.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:25 AM   #11
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
TarHeel have you found some consitency with these findings? There wouldn't be much to edit to at least fix the running backs a but more.
I definitely have with the RB's. The WR's can be hit or miss sometime. But, the crazy thing is...I've tried another experiment lol...and that's lowering the players overall speed and acceleration. The way I re-edited my rosters was I used the 40 chart to come up with their speed and I adjusted their acceleration accoringly based on tendency. But, the other day I was thinking about what I saw someone up here say...they said that EA makes their football fields too small in relation to the players and their speed attributes. So, I decided to do a test experiment with two teams inside of my Dynasty. I lowered every players speed and acceleration rating by 5 points. I thought about lowering it 10 but thought it may be too much.

Maybe it's just me but it opened up the animations a little bit more...especially for the running backs. This stuff is crazy man lol! I don't know what it all means...lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #12
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7

Hey Tar
I don't have NCAA 13, but i know when I did major adjustments for NCAA 12 only certain tendencies would trigger the most amount of animations from 12. The strange thing was that the Power Back tendency actualy used jukes and spins more than the Speed Back while the Speed Back used the moves of lowering their shoulder and that was about it, I came up with a list of the best tendencies for each position in NCAA 12 maybe it will help you on your tendency quest for NCAA 13 to see if there are any similarities to what I saw on NCAA 12.
QB - Scrambler/Balance
Rb - Power/Balance
TE - Recieving/Balance
FB - Balance
OL - No Change Noticed
DT - Runstopping/Pass Rush
DE - Pass Rush
LB - Coverage/Balance
CB - Coverage
SS - Coverage
FS - Coverage
Old 10-04-2012, 07:40 AM   #13
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

TarHeel what are you doing with the receivers?
Old 10-05-2012, 12:37 AM   #14
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
TarHeel what are you doing with the receivers?
Well for me depending upon the type Tendency he has as well as skill set, I go from there.

Speed (Small Receivers)

For speed guys I make their tendencies Juke and Spin. I zero out Trucking and I keep Stiff Arm between 0-10. Also, for speed guys I raise the Elusiveness rating. I look at Elusiveness as separation. Also BC Vision is raised higher for the better/shiftier receivers and lowered for the scrub/slower guys.

Balanced WR's

I keep all of the Tendency ratings close to one another so that the WR will use a variety of moves.

Possession WR's

I make Stiff Arm and Spin their primary Tendency and I keep Juke between 0-10. Depending on the size of the WR, I make Stiff Arm and Trucking the primary tendencies.

A couple of other things:

1) My whole point in doing this is just to make guys play differently as much as it is possible in this game. I know that IRL different players can do different things with different skill sets...jack of all trades type dudes. So, some will say...well just because a guy is a speed WR that doesn't mean he can't throw a stiff arm and that's true. But, to separate what each guy does according to their Tendency...that's what I wanted to focus on.

2) I look at Elusiveness as the separation rating...being able to separate on drag routes and streaks...getting away from tackles. So, the speedier guys get high Elusiveness while the slower Possession types ain't running away from nobody lol!

3) There is no wrong in maxing out a Tendency if you like. It doesn't make the player better than what he should be per say. It just means that when it comes to animations this is what the player will do primarily.

4) Again, I found it very interesting that it seemed like more animations were triggered the lower the speed ratings were. I'm thinking that what those people have said about the field being too small for the players holds true. It's almost like they are too fast to be able to trigger animations on a small field if that makes sense. I'm gonna do some vid's over the weekend and show what I'm talking about. I watched the National Championship game in my Dynasty between LSU-Michigan St after I had lowered ever players speed rating by 5pts(if you're using EA's default rosters you'd have to lower speed by 10-15 pts). What I saw LSU do to the Spartans in the run game was a thing of beauty!!

Alfred Blue(Balanced Back) was eating them up with an array of moves, cut backs, stiff arms etc. The Kenny Hilliard(Power Back) comes in to spell him and he wears them out just trucking and stiff arming...and then Michael Hilliard(Speed Back) finishes them off after they have been worn down with his speed and elusiveness for the TD! This all on one drive!!!! I know that drive was about 13 plays man!!! The Spartans couldn't do anything to stop it! BUt, they have an All-American back of their own who does a little of everything and while he was getting off nearly as much as the LSU backs were...he was still doing what he could.

So...two more things tho...

Spectacular Catch Rating- determined by AWR, Catch, Jump Ratings

Catch In Traffic- determined by Catch, Size/Height
Old 10-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #15
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

Very informative. I did exactly what you did when you first started your experiment. I adjusted Christine Michael of Texas A&M so that he was more of a one cut, uphill power runner with trucking and stiff arm skills...it was a thing of beauty. I took your advice and started looking at certain attributes as tendencies. I lowered his juke down to 10 and kept his spin move up. I raised his trucking and stiff arm up a bit also.

The problem is the freaking speed backs. No matter what you do they still run dumb as hell! They lower their heads and rarely make jukes or spins in open space. I took your suggestion with Ontario McCaleb and adjusted his stats accordingly. The guy still ran as if he was Earl Campbell. It's really annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2012, 12:56 AM   #16
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mWolfe
Hey Tar
I don't have NCAA 13, but i know when I did major adjustments for NCAA 12 only certain tendencies would trigger the most amount of animations from 12. The strange thing was that the Power Back tendency actualy used jukes and spins more than the Speed Back while the Speed Back used the moves of lowering their shoulder and that was about it, I came up with a list of the best tendencies for each position in NCAA 12 maybe it will help you on your tendency quest for NCAA 13 to see if there are any similarities to what I saw on NCAA 12.
QB - Scrambler/Balance
Rb - Power/Balance
TE - Recieving/Balance
FB - Balance
OL - No Change Noticed
DT - Runstopping/Pass Rush
DE - Pass Rush
LB - Coverage/Balance
CB - Coverage
SS - Coverage
FS - Coverage
Yeah man it's still kinda hit and miss with some of them. But, I can say that they actually do what their tendency calls for this year. So, you won't see the Speed back doing power moves(unless you set his Tendencies as such) or Power backs doing Speed back moves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »