Home

Offline dynasties - several (key) questions

This is a discussion on Offline dynasties - several (key) questions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1
Offline dynasties - several (key) questions

Hi guys, I was wondering if anybody could help me with several questions regarding (offline) dynasty in NCAA 13. I searched this forum to the best of my ability and did not find the answer so hopefully this thread won't be useless...

1)
How and when in the course of NCAA season do I get to know which players on my team are declaring for NFL draft? Preseason? Offseason? After Week 5 or 9 or whatever? Also, where on the dynasty screen can I find this information? And, maybe it's stupid but I am not that at home with the rules, I suppose when e.g. Junior player declares for draft and doesn't get drafted, he can't go back to school for a senior year, can he?

2)
What is the difference between recruiting JUCO and "regular" high school prospect? Being from Europe, I am not much into american educational system so I am only slightly aware what JUCO actually is, but what influence it has on his college career/eligibility, I have no idea.

I would be very glad if somebody could answer these questions.

Thanks.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)

Last edited by Executor; 09-18-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Offline dynasties - several (key) questions

You find out when your players are declaring at the beginning of the off season. I don't think you can really find this information anywhere else other than the off season, but you can check under "my school" in the recruiting section to see your pro potential. If a player declares for a draft you can try to convince him to stay, but if he leaves he is gone.

A JUCO is a junior college recruit, they will start off as a sophomore (2nd year) or junior (3rd year) in standing as opposed to a freshman (1st year).
Old 09-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

JUCO players are great to recruit if you're a fledgling school and in dire need of some help NOW. They typically come in higher than their same-star peers, thus you will not have to fight the bigger schools in order to scoop them up.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #4
Pro

Executor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.C.State
You find out when your players are declaring at the beginning of the off season. I don't think you can really find this information anywhere else other than the off season, but you can check under "my school" in the recruiting section to see your pro potential. If a player declares for a draft you can try to convince him to stay, but if he leaves he is gone.
But in a real life, college players are declaring for the draft at the beginning of the season, aren't they? That way a program knows which players they are going to lose and thus can build their recruiting strategy. In NCAA 13 though, it would seem that I might be targeting wrong positions if I don't know soon enough who is declaring and who's not. That bothers me more than a bit, to be honest.

Quote:
A JUCO is a junior college recruit, they will start off as a sophomore (2nd year) or junior (3rd year) in standing as opposed to a freshman (1st year).
That means that a sophomore JUCO will start as a junior in college and freshman JUCO as a sophomore, right? Also, do players while at junior college players redshirt, too, and if yes, if I recruit such a player, can I redshirt him again while being in my program?

Quote:
JUCO players are great to recruit if you're a fledgling school and in dire need of some help NOW. They typically come in higher than their same-star peers, thus you will not have to fight the bigger schools in order to scoop them up.
That would be my guess, too.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

Last edited by Executor; 09-19-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

No, in real life players typically declare their intentions for staying or leaving after the season is over. It would be hard to declare for the draft before the season starts as an underclassman. If you have a poor season, or you have a great breakout season, it can really change your mind as to whether to come out or not. It does make it tough on programs when they don't know for sure if a kid is staying or leaving, however most of the programs that are producing the types of players that come out earlier probably have backups already in place to step in.

If it says JUCO Sophomore, he will come in as a sophomore the next season. JUCO Junior will be a junior.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #6
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8

JUCO players can be redshirted just like an incoming freshman, regardless of whether they are a JUCO SO or JR.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #7
Pro

Executor's Arena

Hi guys, couple of new questions, please help.

1) When an ATH commits to my program, when & how do I get to know what position will he play? Does the CPU offer me a choice or do I have to choose his position based on his ratings? Or is there a third option?

2) At the beginning of the first dynasty season, my program has 25 scholarships left. Do I get 25 scholarships every year or does that numer change, if so, based on what?

3) If I offered scholarship to recruit and now I don't want him, is there a way to actually not recruit him? What if he commits anyway, even if I pay no more interest to him? Can I leave him out of my program? And will that hurt my coach's prestige & integrity?

That's it folks, thanks for replies!
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

Last edited by Executor; 09-28-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #8
Rookie

MaxVPower's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
Hi guys, couple of new questions, please help.

1) When an ATH commits to my program, when & how do I get to know what position will he play? Does the CPU offer me a choice or do I have to choose his position based on his ratings? Or is there a third option?

You have to look at their attributes to see what position they will probably play. If he's an athlete that can throw the ball well, he will probably most useful as a quarterback. If he can tackle well, he will probably be most useful as some kind of defensive player. It is up to you to put them in their positions.

2) At the beginning of the first dynasty season, my program has 25 scholarships left. Do I get 25 scholarships every year or does that numer change, if so, based on what?

You get 25 scholarships every year because you have to cut your team down to 70 players every off season.

3) If I offered scholarship to recruit and now I don't want him, is there a way to actually not recruit him? What if he commits anyway, even if I pay no more interest to him? Can I leave him out of my program? And will that hurt my coach's prestige & integrity?

That's it folks, thanks for replies!
You can cut any player you want in the offseason. If you're no longer interested in recruiting a player, you'll need to remove him from your recruiting board. I have never had a player commit that I offered a scholarship to then removed from the recruiting board. I doubt this hurts your coach prestige.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »