Home

what was updated today?

This is a discussion on what was updated today? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2012, 06:58 AM   #25
Banned

Wilson16NCSU's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: what was updated today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Dawgs
We hear you bro, only thing I'm saying is every year they try and make this game as real as possible. This no hearing thing at the line isn't what I would call real life game play. Kills me when I'm trying to do a 2 minute offense.

but also what they had before isn't what I would call real life gameplay. Before you could run up to the line and have no time run off the clock until you hike it. Players would be set up, knowing the play, and ready to go with 0-1 seconds running off the clock which isn't realistic. The best team at doing, Oregon, usually has 3-5 seconds run off the clock. So them putting in a delay is a good idea, it is just the delay is too long. I mean the old way you had teams running hiking it before no time ran out and these are teams that would take 5+ seconds to line up and snap it. They did the right move by putting the delay in, just need to shorten it by 3-4 seconds.

Also the way it is now doesn't really effect running a 2-minute offense. I have zero problems doing it, when he starts yelling and pointing at receivers just hit X + LT and everyone will stop and lineup quickly, then only 2-3 seconds runs off if that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 6

I feel like hitting my head against a wooden desk. Yes, in real life it takes 5-6 seconds.

You know what else happens in real life? They play 15 min quarters.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:29 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 2

Thank you!!!! 15min qtrs. is that too much to ask??!! I'm never buying this game again!!! E.A. is horrible! Okay I've regained my composure..
Old 09-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #28
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson16NCSU
The best team at doing, Oregon, usually has 3-5 seconds run off the clock.
3-5 seconds of 15 minute quarters should equal to 1-1.67 seconds of 5 minute quarters. Not only is the animation very unrealistic, but so is the percentages of a quarter it takes to run a play. This alone is the main reason I have not played NCAA since the release of Madden.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #29
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

The Patch did nothing to the gameplay, it was strictly for the uniform store.

They wanted to be able to include more uniforms in the uniform packs and the original patch that added the store (in addition to other gameplay stuff), had a smaller limit on the number of unis that could be included in each pack.

360 owners got this on 9/6, EA also released a podcast where they talked about what the patch did.

Sony didn't approve the update as quickly as Xbox did, which is why they were staggered by 12 days.

If you are experiencing any changes in your gameplay it is a placebo effect.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Old 09-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #30
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
The Patch did nothing to the gameplay, it was strictly for the uniform store.

They wanted to be able to include more uniforms in the uniform packs and the original patch that added the store (in addition to other gameplay stuff), had a smaller limit on the number of unis that could be included in each pack.

360 owners got this on 9/6, EA also released a podcast where they talked about what the patch did.

Sony didn't approve the update as quickly as Xbox did, which is why they were staggered by 12 days.

If you are experiencing any changes in your gameplay it is a placebo effect.
hey iceman, didn't hey say when the 360 patch came out that the previous patch effecting gameplay was included again? i thought this was from a Tiburon guy. no new changes but just the same thing over again. i didnt listen to pod cast so they might of addressed this or the guy was just wrong. he was either employee or a game changer.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBrady
3-5 seconds of 15 minute quarters should equal to 1-1.67 seconds of 5 minute quarters. Not only is the animation very unrealistic, but so is the percentages of a quarter it takes to run a play. This alone is the main reason I have not played NCAA since the release of Madden.
It appears to me that after the patch, the no huddle delays are still there but are much smaller. Now many one player leans in instead of half the offense running 15 yards over to get the play. Seems to take maybe a second or two instead of 5-8.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »