Home

The pass rush is awful.

This is a discussion on The pass rush is awful. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2012, 03:08 AM   #25
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The pass rush is awful.

I think EA was on to something great with the NCAA 2006 game on PS2. The impact players really changed they game. The effects were a bit exaggerated, but the idea was amazing. All EA needed to do was tone it down a bit and this series could have remained great. Instead I think they realized that the impact players were a little too dominant and they watered them down so much that they no longer stood out from the pack. I remember playing againsts Ohio State in that year's game. AJ Hawk and the other linebacker there (Carpenter maybe?) were unstoppable. Not to mention in those days the CPU took advantage of using the quick formation sub option. They would line those two guys up at DE and it was hell day for the whole time you had to play against them. EA had magic in the bottle and somehow threw it away. I don't understand why they couldn't build on this. The reason why this series is so stale is because these games are basically on the same engine. Ratings don't matter because all of the action we see on the field is based on the same cheesy animations we've seen for years. Go to GotMadSkillz's channel and read his blog. He and a user named Khalib break this down beautifully.

This game will never turn the corner using this outdated engine. It just can't. We will have to hope for a new engine next gen. Everything we get until then is just a pretty, shiny product with an unstable foundation. I think EA did great implementing the new pass trajectories and the read and react, but those things will never be able to shine properly due to this same old nasty engine we have seen for too long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #26
Banned

Wilson16NCSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson16NCSU
ehh, I don't technically agree. You could try messing around with some sliders though. I mean in an OD I'm in we're playing on default sliders and my team leads the nation in sacks and only seven games in one DE (Clowney) has 21.5 Sacks.

After 12 games he has like 34.5 Sacks now with 37 TFL

for me it really depends on the player you're using and the player you're going against.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson16NCSU
After 12 games he has like 34.5 Sacks now with 37 TFL

for me it really depends on the player you're using and the player you're going against.
i got 35.5 sack with my dt in 10 games so far
Old 10-05-2012, 12:25 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 3

I always find it's too easy getting sacks when you user rush with dline. This year seems to be no different.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:51 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE LOVER
Unless I blitz I can't get any pass rush and the AI just marches down the field.
Who are you playing with? on ... AA, with mk sliders I use VaTech and J.Gayle is getting an average of 30+ sack/season offline and online... it's all about how you use your right stick and push off and then what I call "holler hit" towards the QB... but I like to put the "rough QB" up high to keep me from cheesing... but you can definately pass rush with the right skillzzzz
Old 10-05-2012, 09:08 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by durandmau5
Who are you playing with? on ... AA, with mk sliders I use VaTech and J.Gayle is getting an average of 30+ sack/season offline and online... it's all about how you use your right stick and push off and then what I call "holler hit" towards the QB... but I like to put the "rough QB" up high to keep me from cheesing... but you can definately pass rush with the right skillzzzz
yea you can get pressure sending 4 if you are controlling one of them ..i got 35.5 sack using my dt...but like he said if ya dont blitz you wont get any pressure until about 6 sec later...but the computer will send 3 n still get pressure
Old 10-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #31
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8

So let me know what you think about my situation.

Year 5 of OD, 99 ovr, 99 off, 99 def. It's like I change two sliders - Heisman level - CPU pass block and run ability - and everything else changes. It's like the CPU pulls off so many unrealistic plays, including the out of nowhere jumping LBs for INTs. Plus I see LBs chase down my 95 speed RB (0 threshold) and zone coverage is useless. Always a completion.

I cannot get any pressure at all from the defensive line - using some of Jarrod's sliders. I have to blitz just to get pressure. And Idk why, but the opposing QBs always likes to run against me. I put it on QB contain, and he still runs wild - my guys won't run to him until he's downfield. That's the only time I can DL sacks, too, if he just happens to be right by the QB.

Also, saw an option pitch backward and it was called incomplete. First time I saw that.

And I have pretty good DBs, and it's like they get beat on the pass easily sometimes. I mean 99 defense, some of this stuff shouldn't be happening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyuimintojsus

Year 5 of OD, 99 ovr, 99 off, 99 def. It's like I change two sliders - Heisman level - CPU pass block and run ability - and everything else changes. It's like the CPU pulls off so many unrealistic plays, including the out of nowhere jumping LBs for INTs. Plus I see LBs chase down my 95 speed RB (0 threshold) and zone coverage is useless. Always a completion.

I cannot get any pressure at all from the defensive line - using some of Jarrod's sliders. I have to blitz just to get pressure. And Idk why, but the opposing QBs always likes to run against me. I put it on QB contain, and he still runs wild - my guys won't run to him until he's downfield. That's the only time I can DL sacks, too, if he just happens to be right by the QB.

Also, saw an option pitch backward and it was called incomplete. First time I saw that.

And I have pretty good DBs, and it's like they get beat on the pass easily sometimes. I mean 99 defense, some of this stuff shouldn't be happening.
Zone coverage has always and is trash unless you zone blitz and rotate via user skills accordingly. anything above 55 CPU RB ability and the all do "lean forward" Mario running you see in madden it's horrific the way the cut. You do have to man blitz to get pressure, i suggest leaving "Jump the snap on" and you'll get a couple sacks from you LE. Most of those game play adjustments are gimmicks and don't do crap. Spy the QB instead. Lastly: ALWAYS PUT YOUR BEST DE AT LE(LEFT SIDE END) THEY ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO JUMPS THE SNAP AND GET ANY PRESSURE ON PASS PLAYS. CONVERSELY MAKE YOUR RT ON OFFENSE YOUR BEST LINEMAN PREFERABLY BALANCED.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »