Home

How do you get the CPU to substitute players?

This is a discussion on How do you get the CPU to substitute players? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How do you get the CPU to substitute players?

Rarely have I seen them rotate runningbacks. I've jacked up the coaches to max on substitute. Now of days teams don't roll with one running back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: How do you get the CPU to substitute players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE LOVER
Rarely have I seen them rotate runningbacks. I've jacked up the coaches to max on substitute. Now of days teams don't roll with one running back.
Did you adjust the sub/in sub/out sliders by individual position? Put RB's at 80/85 and you'll see them rotate alot.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Did you adjust the sub/in sub/out sliders by individual position? Put RB's at 80/85 and you'll see them rotate alot.
I wasn't aware those setting applied to CPU teams as I thought it was only for user teams. Is this incorrect?
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-27-2012, 09:28 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I wasn't aware those setting applied to CPU teams as I thought it was only for user teams. Is this incorrect?
I adjusted mine and I see new HBs and D linemen come in regularly for both teams.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:35 AM   #5
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

80/85 is usually the consensus settting for D-lineman and RBs. I still don't see enough RBs coming in and out of games, but I also don't see a lot of long runs with my slider set. I would prefer more subbing as a whole, but the problem is if you up the sub in values to anything in the 90s the starters come out of the game in the 4th quarter and never come back. This has been the issue in this series for at least 4-5 yrs. Fatigue and auto-subs have been a thorn in my side for a very long time. Someone explained a few yrs back that the fatigue engine is progressive. Players never get back up to a 100% stamina level during that game, so if you set your Sub in number at 90 and your players max stamina is under that in the 4th quarter...it's bye bye for the rest of the game. It would be nice if EA listed stamina numerically for each player during the course of the game. Didn't they used to do that? Not sure lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »