Home

Skills to look for - Run Heavy Offense

This is a discussion on Skills to look for - Run Heavy Offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Skills to look for - Run Heavy Offense

Impact blocking fpr your line, fb, and te and wr if you can get it there are huge. For fb and te look at heavier athletes with little or no skills in the scoutable skills for their rating but with high strength. In my 1st year with fau I found one such guy who was a 4 star athelete bust rated just 65 overall (70 before scouting) but 71 as a fb or 72 as a te. I played him at fb and as a #2 te cause I already had a good te.

By his senior year he had 99 impact blocking and even though I was only running like 20 times a game and he was usually only in the game half to 2/3 of the time the least pancakes he got on the season was 7 and he often made it to 15. He ended up as a 7th round draft pick too which was cool.

I now have another guy in a similar situation though he was just a 3 star athlete and not as good of player his 86 impact as a rs freshman is great.

Another place to look is offensive linemen with decent speed and acceleration and moving them to fb or te.

For wrs, look for either fast tes with decent blocking or heavier athletes with some wr skills. I have found one such athlete though I put him at hb since I had more need there. He was a 75 wr or a 71 hb but had like 70 impact blocking. Before he became my starting back I played him some in the slot and he got quite a few good downfield blocks in the running game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »