Home

Caught Up In The Game

This is a discussion on Caught Up In The Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2012, 07:00 AM   #1
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17
Caught Up In The Game

Anybody else on here get caught up in the game and just calling plays to the point that your critical thinking goes out the window? It's like your brain goes on autopilot and you just call the same plays without having any stratgey, or remember something else that may work, or something you're doing wrong. Sometimes I forget to lead my WR using the analog stick, sometimes I forget certain blitzes, or running plays that may work. Basically, anybody get caught up in calling the same stuff, and not thinking? I might make myself an idiot proof list and tape it to my TV...Does anybody else do this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Caught Up In The Game

I occassionally get lazy in my play calling. Typically leads to a dumb Pick 6 (stupid screen plays) or something like that. I have had to make a conscious effort to especially take a step back and focus when playing games for my Online Dynasty - always embarassing when you are the only one that week to get a bone-headed loss to a lower ranked opponent or something. Nothing like the public visibility of stats, scores, etc. to keep you trained on play calling.

Last edited by The Dog Boy; 10-02-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

Happens to me sometimes. There have been a couple times where I'm thinking about something else or have a real game on in the background and I don't realize that it's 4th and long or PAT until my team is lining up for the inside run play that I for some reason called.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #4
Rookie

goalkeepr's Arena

OVR: 4

Totally. Sometimes if I play too much I just zone out. A couple of days away form the xbox usually fixes it!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:40 PM   #5
Rookie

pembo0630's Arena

OVR: 2

Yes, it happens. I'll typically start to rotate the same handful of plays offensively and defensively if I'm just not that into the game. Such as, for example, if I have to play 1-6 Memphis before a big game at home against 6-1 Arkansas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #6
Rookie

happens to me all the time... then they score a field goal and touchdown and i wake up.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #7
Rookie

Omg, this has happened to me too. Not paying any attention and i am in a tight i formation with a run play and its 4th and 15. The best though is when i had a chip shot field goal to kick but for some reason, i punted the ball straight through the uprights. Never even realized what i had done until it was too late.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:25 PM   #8
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

I'll sometimes accidently pick one of those running plays that never works. There are a few that have never worked in any year, but are still in the playbook. Every single time I've ever run it, it's immediately blown up by an unblocked DL right in the hole. I forget the exact plays, but they're garbage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »