Home

Choosing your school for dynasty

This is a discussion on Choosing your school for dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #9
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Choosing your school for dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan0290
How do you guys choose your school for dynasty? I'm thinking about either starting off with a strong caliber school and then taking a lower team job or moving my way from the bottom up. Another thing I always do when trying to select a school is to see how their Defense is and how their QB situation is. Let me know who you guys think I should be and maybe I post it in the Dynasty section I'm even thinking about being GA Tech and that option attack offense.
Excellent choice. A few very good young A-Backs, 2 good B-Backs in Laskey and Sims, and RFr and Fr QB's who are going to be GOOD (Vad Lee and Justin Thomas). Also loaded with good young guys on D with a few strong LB's and CB's. If you're going to use Tech, I suggest downloading a correct roster for them because they're usually terrible when it comes to accurate rosters for us. If you want a correct one, I suggest using my gamertag.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 14

I downloaded bamabounds rosters and I tried a game with GA Tech in play now. There too tough to play with that triple option. So I found out who I want to be I decided to be K-State. A great Defense and they have a great Qb Rb duo. There Rb I really like a lot and he's only a Jr. Last night I played my opener vs FCS and they rallied on me but I still won by 3 on Heisman by the way. Also how many KO returns with one player have you had in a game? Well I had 3 my player went for 323 yards and 3 td's and no rushing td's my rb that is. He still didn't become overall player of the week but did in the big 12 at least. I'll keep you guys posted on how this dynasty goes and oh yeah I only got a 1 year contract from K-State.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #11
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6

So choosing Hawaii did well for me. I went 10-3 including the bowl game. Nevada won the conference though. They're now the #23 team or something.

Recruiting went well. I scored 3 4* WRs and had the 33rd ranked recruiting class. Not bad for a 2* team.

Id try them out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #12
Banned

FightinSnydersKSU's Arena

OVR: 5

I chose Penn State as head coach for 2016 season. I simmed '12-'15. They went 5-7, 5-7, 3-9, 0-12. Now I'm the head coach for them coming off their sanctions. I like keeping things fresh so this is gonna be fun, I've never been them before for dynasty.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #13
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Choice was easy for me since my school is finally in the top ranks: UMass! I'm going to try to turn them into a triple-option team. I've played NCAA for a few years but have always run either a pro style or spread offense. Now going in the total opposite direction and want an absolute dominant run game. Could take a while but it will be a fun adventure.

With that said, how is the option in this game? Is it broken or realistic?
Old 10-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #14
Pro

Speedy_Bronco's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhs_rizzo
Choice was easy for me since my school is finally in the top ranks: UMass! I'm going to try to turn them into a triple-option team. I've played NCAA for a few years but have always run either a pro style or spread offense. Now going in the total opposite direction and want an absolute dominant run game. Could take a while but it will be a fun adventure.

With that said, how is the option in this game? Is it broken or realistic?
Broken as in, the only option play that can get you more than a few yards a play is the read option. All other options will probably only get you a range a -5 to 5 yards a play.

Last edited by Speedy_Bronco; 10-06-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #15
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy_Bronco
Broken as in, the only option play that can get you more than a few yards a play is the read option. All other options will probably only get you a range a -5 to 5 yards a play.
Wow that is disheartening to hear. I was really looking forward to running an option style offense. Slider tweaks don't help it at all?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #16
MVP

Dirty Turtles's Arena

OVR: 10

Options are very much unusable it seems this year. I'm running a dynasty as Air Force and have since shifted to the generic run balanced playbook due to the nature of the option game.
NHL: Colorado Avalanche, Pittsburgh Penguins
NCAA: Air Force Falcons, Penn State Nittany Lions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »