Home

Madden Title Update #3 set to drop Oct 16th...Where is the support for NCCA Football?

This is a discussion on Madden Title Update #3 set to drop Oct 16th...Where is the support for NCCA Football? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #17
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Madden Title Update #3 set to drop Oct 16th...Where is the support for NCCA Footb

It is disappointing but I have to agree with what has been said here, it really does feel like NCAA got its month or so of attention and it is just being left to die a slow death. I mean even last year the roster and slider makers were able to somewhat prolong the inevitable death and I played NCAA well into April. This year I've already given up on sliders and have gone back to straight up default Heisman across the board. Sliders only serve to handicap or break an already broken game and the constant need to tweak and fiddle to make it work, only to have something else break wears on you.

I usually am able to squeeze every last ounce of enjoyment out of this game either through OD's or building a new offense in custom playbooks or renaming recruits to be real life recruits or the sons/brothers of former players but this year it just gets frustrating. I could build what I feel is a fantastic and realistic playbook only to have half the stuff get shut down by users who bring double A gap blitzes every down.

I can't even get the new uniforms to work in an online game. Any time I've tried to use Nebraska's uniforms in an online or OD game, the game has froze in the loading screen. And they wasted a patch for that? I don't care if the CPU can see my cool uniforms, I want my human opponents to see them.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #18
NiNja

Soonerfan14's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
It is disappointing but I have to agree with what has been said here, it really does feel like NCAA got its month or so of attention and it is just being left to die a slow death. I mean even last year the roster and slider makers were able to somewhat prolong the inevitable death and I played NCAA well into April. This year I've already given up on sliders and have gone back to straight up default Heisman across the board. Sliders only serve to handicap or break an already broken game and the constant need to tweak and fiddle to make it work, only to have something else break wears on you.

I usually am able to squeeze every last ounce of enjoyment out of this game either through OD's or building a new offense in custom playbooks or renaming recruits to be real life recruits or the sons/brothers of former players but this year it just gets frustrating. I could build what I feel is a fantastic and realistic playbook only to have half the stuff get shut down by users who bring double A gap blitzes every down.

I can't even get the new uniforms to work in an online game. Any time I've tried to use Nebraska's uniforms in an online or OD game, the game has froze in the loading screen. And they wasted a patch for that? I don't care if the CPU can see my cool uniforms, I want my human opponents to see them.
Well my friend if you have guys running the Sam defense every down your not playing in the right Od. I run a tight ship in mine. You play in Xbox or ps3?

Oklahoma Sooners
Dallas Cowboys

Madden 17 CFM's
Old 10-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #19
Redskins big 3

Vechi8's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Madden Title Update #3 set to drop Oct 16th...Where is the support for NCCA Footb

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
^^^Down about 60,000 units or 10%......

I imagine they make quite of bit of $ from the DLC too. Seems to be alot of guys on this website that like to collect digital socks and whatnot so their WR's look fashionable why streaking past the glitched out DB.
Funny as hell but sad as well. Seems like the sim baller never gets the upper hand over the 12 year old who digs the nike symbol on socks and shoes that are only visible from a paused screen. Frustrating.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #20
Pro

If they fixed the DB glitch, sliders and made Autopass realistic this game would be really good. But, now I can't play it because these three issues have ruined the game for me. If I remember the deep pass was an issue in 12, which they obviously didnt fix. They are down in sales because people got frustrated and didn't buy the game. There were people on this thread last year that aren't around this year because they didn't buy it. If EA could get their act together and put out a product that is not broken people would buy this game year in and year out. There is still time for EA to tune some of these issues, but a 4th patch IMO is unlikely since they used the 3rd patch on uniforms. Although the uniforms are cool for some people it didn't represent the whole community of people playing this game. I could care less about uniforms, I am interested in playing a good football game that I don't have to sit here for hours and hours trying to figure out how to correct the only game that I care to play. I am so frustrated I have quit playing 13. So EA please fix the issues. Several years back the sliders were broken and they were patched or tuned. The game played pretty well after that. I don't remember which version that was, but they can figure this out if they wanted too.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
As soon as they finish making that game NCCA Football they will come out with a patch.

Are you saying they will come out with another patch? If so that would be awesome, but I don't know that I have ever seen a 4th patch in the NCAA series. I could be wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #22
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerfan14
Well my friend if you have guys running the Sam defense every down your not playing in the right Od. I run a tight ship in mine. You play in Xbox or ps3?
I am PS3.

I run a very tight ship and I'm not saying people in my OD do it all the time, but I also play lobby games a lot because I'm almost an exclusively online player and it is deflating seeing substandard strategies defeat sound strategy.

I can still win the games, it's just frustrating because you really have to sink down to that level.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #23
NiNja

Soonerfan14's Arena

I get what ya means. Dang wish your were 360 could use a guy like you in mine. That's why I strictly play OD where the commish strictly enforces sim play.

Oklahoma Sooners
Dallas Cowboys

Madden 17 CFM's
Old 10-04-2012, 08:00 PM   #24
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Though I'm living with it as it doesn't bother me a lot, i'd be ecstatic if the aggressive gameplan glitch went away. Hell it seems like something that should just be in a tuner, but I think tuners are used more for online gameplay in NCAA than offline play like NHL's are. I think that's why we won't see a fix for it.

I just hope this game doesn't go the way of NCAA basketball, but an updated IE next year may stave off the execution order.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »