Home

Where is the Cheese?

This is a discussion on Where is the Cheese? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #17
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Where is the Cheese?

Quote:
Originally Posted by packersfan4eva
Why would switching positions be a cheese? It's taking advantage of a player's athletic ability. It's just smart. Blitz to the outside or something.
On these boards, innovation is cheese. If you do something no one has thought of, it is cheese until an NCAA/NFL team runs it. The Wildcat concept was cheese until 2008, and moving positions to maximize talent is still cheese apparently despite it being done on every level in football since forever. I would love to hear someones definition of sim football vs cheese outside of 'I know it when I see it.' Cheese is only glitching in my eyes, everything else if fair game.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:49 PM   #18
Banned

football200414's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze88
On these boards, innovation is cheese. If you do something no one has thought of, it is cheese until an NCAA/NFL team runs it. The Wildcat concept was cheese until 2008, and moving positions to maximize talent is still cheese apparently despite it being done on every level in football since forever. I would love to hear someones definition of sim football vs cheese outside of 'I know it when I see it.' Cheese is only glitching in my eyes, everything else if fair game.

Anything that takes advantage of the game's setup is cheesing/glitching. If you are playing a HB at QB the majority of the time and he has no throwing ability, that is cheesing in my book. In real life, your defense would simply make the call to play the run until absolutely certain it was a pass. Since the only options are to guess the location of the run, it's an unfair advantage. Why EA Sports doesn't change it to play the run first like it does for the pass is really starting to irritate me. Instead, we have to find a makeshift method to counter the cheesers. In real life, do whatever the heck you want but in the game where you don't have a fair opportunity and complete control to counter it, there has to be limits to be considered "legit"
Old 10-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by football200414
Anything that takes advantage of the game's setup is cheesing/glitching. If you are playing a HB at QB the majority of the time and he has no throwing ability, that is cheesing in my book. In real life, your defense would simply make the call to play the run until absolutely certain it was a pass. Since the only options are to guess the location of the run, it's an unfair advantage. Why EA Sports doesn't change it to play the run first like it does for the pass is really starting to irritate me. Instead, we have to find a makeshift method to counter the cheesers. In real life, do whatever the heck you want but in the game where you don't have a fair opportunity and complete control to counter it, there has to be limits to be considered "legit"
You're wrong. I don't think putting a HB at QB is cheating "the word cheesing needs to disappear" at all. If my opponent were to do that every down I'd blitz every down bc the HB cannot throw the ball. Some QBs are faster than the HB. Denard Robinson is a name that comes to mind. So is it cheating when you play with Michigan? Cheating to me is taking advantage of a glitch. Something that is not suppose to happen in a video game or in actual games. I saw somewhere a guy said I was cheating run in 5 wide sets all game. You serious Clark?
Old 10-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #20
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

lmao @ some of the things people on this board classify as cheese.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #21
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by football200414
That isn't cheese, it's a stupid decision that's easy to stop. Blitz every play since he obviously cannot throw at all. If you lose to a player like this then you can't have a high football IQ. I would love to face such a one-dimensional offense. I guarantee he would not score once unless he got a short field or a defensive/special teams touchdown.

Last edited by Haze88; 10-15-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »