Home

Will this work? (NCAA dynasty)

This is a discussion on Will this work? (NCAA dynasty) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2012, 02:44 AM   #9
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Will this work? (NCAA dynasty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by football200414
I understand what you're trying to do but don't understand why. You'll end up killing each other in the recruiting game because you'll all be close to .500 or only 2-3 will be good each year, 2-3 really bad, and the rest in the middle (depending on the skill level of your users). Personally I don't see much of a point in doing a dynasty unless you're going to go for a national championship. You can play all the user-user games you want in the lobby. Dynasty is as much about recruiting and player development as it is user games.
Well I'll try to explain...

Instead of having the User vs CPU and like say half User vs User, I'd rather have full on User vs User.

I see what you're saying as well. Thats why I said it would be nice if you could just remove all the rest of those teams and have 12 teams, 1 bowl, national championship. That's what I was trying to figure out to do and just *pretend* the rest wasn't there but I do see the issues. *sigh*
Old 10-11-2012, 05:52 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 1

You could do the 11 game schedule thing and since its a round robin just have the regular season champion be 'your' champion. I was going to say do it in a conference but you can't play conference opponents OOC so that's out.

Scheduling for this is going to be a nightmare though I'm afraid.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #11
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
You could do the 11 game schedule thing and since its a round robin just have the regular season champion be 'your' champion. I was going to say do it in a conference but you can't play conference opponents OOC so that's out.

Scheduling for this is going to be a nightmare though I'm afraid.
It wouldn't be too bad to schedule but yeah, it sucks they take away your own conference. An older game of NCAA, I think it was the first one they allowed changes to your schedule, let you play whoever you wanted. That was also the one that allowed you to have a tournament instead of bowls. Would have worked fine for that game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #12
Banned

football200414's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
It wouldn't be too bad to schedule but yeah, it sucks they take away your own conference. An older game of NCAA, I think it was the first one they allowed changes to your schedule, let you play whoever you wanted. That was also the one that allowed you to have a tournament instead of bowls. Would have worked fine for that game!
That's the feature at the top of my list that I'd like to get back - the choice of tournament or bowls...it was NCAA 99 I think
Old 10-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #13
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by football200414
That's the feature at the top of my list that I'd like to get back - the choice of tournament or bowls...it was NCAA 99 I think
Customization is great for offline dynasty lovers. I'd like to be able to eliminate teams, add teams without having to delete any, delete conferences, change the amount of games each team plays during the regular season... yeah all that stuff should be there.

It's really sad when you're saying you miss something from NCAA99 and even worse when there is 2 things-- tournaments & conference games weren't "locked"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »