Home

NCAA 14 Cover Athlete???

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 Cover Athlete??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14 Cover Athlete???

Im going to go with Mr.Freeze
Old 10-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #10
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

I like the LeGrand idea as well. I just think it would be cool for EA to kind of dedicate the game to someone who made a real life difference. Maybe just have videos about key figures in college football that have made an impact off the field. It would be nice to show kids a great story about college football that doesn't involve the Heisman trophy. JMO.

Guys I can think of off the top of my head:

Pat Tillman, ASU
Myron Rolle, FSU
Eric Legrand, Rutgers
Mark Herzlich, Boston College
Chucky Mullins, Ole Miss

Last edited by Gap Integrity; 10-13-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #11
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobaloo000
That is a fantastic idea and maybe they can donate money for each game sold to Wounded Warriors or a similiar charity. You know what would be even better? Put him on the cover of NCAA in his ASU uniform and Madden in his Cardinal uniform and maybe on the back of each in his combat uniform.

Hats off to you for thinking of this. Now, how do you get EA to listen?
Will be hard to do. I think you'd have to gain a ton of movement through facebook or something. I think its a legit idea and cause. I'm an old guy and don't have facebook. lol. Someone take the reins of this monster!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #12
Banned

football200414's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson16NCSU
Yeah I mean it isn't like all of those guys won the Heisman Trophy or anything.

Yeah I mean it isn't like Vince Young made Heisman voters look like clowns along with Reggie Bush in the national championship game and made himself much more deserving of the honor or anything.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #13
Banned

Wilson16NCSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by football200414
Yeah I mean it isn't like Vince Young made Heisman voters look like clowns along with Reggie Bush in the national championship game and made himself much more deserving of the honor or anything.
That fact is irrelevant, he still won the Heisman at that time which is an obvious reason to use him on the cover.

Since the game switched the the name NCAA Football (for the 98 game) they've used Heisman winners 10 times (Ricky Williams, Danny Wuerffel, Chris Weinke, Carson palmer, Reggie Bush, Mark Ingram, Tim Tebow, Desmond Howard, Charles Woodson, and Robert Griffin).

Matt Leinart was never on the cover.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:45 PM   #14
Banned

football200414's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson16NCSU
That fact is irrelevant, he still won the Heisman at that time which is an obvious reason to use him on the cover.

Since the game switched the the name NCAA Football (for the 98 game) they've used Heisman winners 10 times (Ricky Williams, Danny Wuerffel, Chris Weinke, Carson palmer, Reggie Bush, Mark Ingram, Tim Tebow, Desmond Howard, Charles Woodson, and Robert Griffin).

Matt Leinart was never on the cover.
You're right about Leinart because I think Jared Zbransky (or however you spell his name) was on the cover that year. Just seemed like they used USC guys more but I guess not. Anyhow, I'd be very surprised if anybody other than Barkely is on the cover.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:56 PM   #15
Rookie

Manny_B214's Arena

OVR: 5

Guys It's going to be the Heisman Winner.. Been this way since 2010 but also a Alternate Legacy Cover For LeGrand an Tillman would be Great
68Rec 948Yrds 11TD
95Rush 674Yrds 8TD
489Pass Yds 8TD 11INT

Senior Stats:
Curently Playing AAU Ball For The Dallas Longhorn Elie
PPG:14.2
RPG:7.6
APG:4.9
SPG:1.2
BLK:3.2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

if they go in the same direction as the 2013 cover with a current player and a legend...it'll probably be Geno Smith and Herschel Walker

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »