Home

defenses with five or more db's

This is a discussion on defenses with five or more db's within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
defenses with five or more db's

Has anyone noticed how hard it is to move the ball against these defense's? I played a online game against a guy who ran the 3-3-5 stack all game and I could do nothing against it. I ran all two te set and couldn't run the ball for nothing .I have also seen this with dime normal and quarter's .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2012, 11:50 PM   #2
Rookie

Finren84's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: defenses with five or more db's

Quarters defense is all cheese. Played a guy earlier that played the 3-3-5 stack all game as well. It gets a little annoying cause its not sim football, also he squibbed every kick off he had btw. I was able to come out victorious and I played him a certain way. You have to be patient with the run. Don't shy away from it. You have to keep your offense very balanced. He plays that defense to have you make mistakes. Off tackle sweeps an bring your WR in motion and snap when he's at the TE to give you an extra blocker. Stretch plays work. Passing in the bunch formation while going for corners and out routes. Screens don't work we'll so don't try. Come back routes depending on coverage. Mix in a power I with 1 WR to help keep him off balance. Just practice and you will figure it. Remember, be patient with the run.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #3
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

well teams do run that D. San Diego State is a 3-3-5 ran defense by Rocky Long. So to say its not sim football isn't necessarily accurate.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #4
Rookie

Finren84's Arena

And yes it is not cheese. I can be a hard defense to figure out if they know what they are doing. Quarters defense all game is cheese in my opinion though. I believe Clemson runs the 335 also
Old 10-12-2012, 11:11 PM   #5
Rookie

8mileroad's Arena

OVR: 3

Go out there and run Maryland I / Goalline on his ***.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2012, 04:08 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm not saying the 3-3-5 stack is cheese , but it is close. , it works wwwaaaaayyyyyy to well against ace 2 te sets
Old 10-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #7
Rookie

Finren84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide325
I'm not saying the 3-3-5 stack is cheese , but it is close. , it works wwwaaaaayyyyyy to well against ace 2 te sets
In a aces, I found if you motion the TE so you can get extra blockers you can effectively run on the 335. Sneak in a weak side run to catch him off guard. Then run some iso up the gut or dives. 335 can be very effective if ran right.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #8
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

If I see someone playing quarters defense, I just run the ball down their throat. Why play into their game and throw the ball, when you have a clear advantage running the ball against them?

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »