Home

A New Challenge?

This is a discussion on A New Challenge? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
A New Challenge?

I am now in my sixth year with Clemson. I am playing on Heisman with altered sliders. In all my other years playing NCAA Football I have never been able to build a powerhouse. I have failed with Notre Dame, Clemson, Alabama, ect. For some reason I would always lose a game or two and I have only won about 1 National Championship in the past 5 NCAA Football games.

This time with Clemson has been different however. I am currently riding a 27 game winning streak, 27 home game winning streak, I have won three consecutive NC's and I am 8-0 in year 6. I moved Clemson into the SEC along with FSU, Miami, and Va Tech and it has made it more interesting and I now have Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina left and they're all in the Top 10.

I am thinking if I finish this year with a NC it may be time for a new challenge. I would like to take a team from a major conference that has fallen from the sky. Examples like Minnesota, Illinois, Colorado, ect.

I was wondering if anyone has been in this situation and if they have any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Wassu, Texas Tech, Boston College, Purdue or Vanderbilt maybe?
Old 10-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: A New Challenge?

Ole Miss Rebels
Old 10-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
Rookie

I like the suggestions especially BC because I'm from the Boston area. I'm only gonna go somewhere I am offered head coach so who knows what I'll get. My coach prestige is B+ I believe so well see. I'm intrigued by Illinois, Kansas, and USF.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #5
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHammer113
I am now in my sixth year with Clemson. I am playing on Heisman with altered sliders. In all my other years playing NCAA Football I have never been able to build a powerhouse. I have failed with Notre Dame, Clemson, Alabama, ect. For some reason I would always lose a game or two and I have only won about 1 National Championship in the past 5 NCAA Football games.

This time with Clemson has been different however. I am currently riding a 27 game winning streak, 27 home game winning streak, I have won three consecutive NC's and I am 8-0 in year 6. I moved Clemson into the SEC along with FSU, Miami, and Va Tech and it has made it more interesting and I now have Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina left and they're all in the Top 10.

I am thinking if I finish this year with a NC it may be time for a new challenge. I would like to take a team from a major conference that has fallen from the sky. Examples like Minnesota, Illinois, Colorado, ect.

I was wondering if anyone has been in this situation and if they have any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
I've had the same problems in the past. To add more of a challenge to the game now I only play 4 games a year (have to pick three new opponents every year, so two years in a row I can only play one team twice) and sim the rest. If i make a bowl game I can play it.

I also supersim the first half and only play offense in the third and then offense and defense in the fourth. Ive had games where I come in down by 21. This setup is not for everyone. Personally I like building a program and the four-five games gives me enough time to get familiar with my players but it doesn't draw out a season like having to play 13 games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2012, 06:48 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

A few years ago, after having great success like you are describing, I decided to go with a down Colorado team and completely change the offensive style. I attempted to set up an Option Run team, much like Georgia Tech. It was tough because it forced me to think more about the blocking and new recruits. Maybe take a "lower" team and change something with the style you run.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasForever
A few years ago, after having great success like you are describing, I decided to go with a down Colorado team and completely change the offensive style. I attempted to set up an Option Run team, much like Georgia Tech. It was tough because it forced me to think more about the blocking and new recruits. Maybe take a "lower" team and change something with the style you run.
I really like that idea because right now in the spread its almost too easy. I'd love to switch up the style. Ill let you guys know when I get it done could be tonight or tomorrow
Old 10-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #8
Rookie

Well I finished the year 13-1 and won the NC. I've decided on USF. I was intrigued by a Boise State offer, but it looked too easy. This should be a fun start.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »