Home

Thoughts regarding team sleeves and NCAA 14

This is a discussion on Thoughts regarding team sleeves and NCAA 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16
Thoughts regarding team sleeves and NCAA 14

This isn't a troll thread so if you're going to come in here and say something to the effect of "omg sleeves" please take it outside.

Watching a lot of college football it seems that team specific sleeves are becoming all the rage. Tennessee has them, Army has them and I'm sure there are more that are escaping my memory.

I've been thinking about EA's use of sleeves in NCAA and I think it's time for them to transition away from the black/white/generic sleeves and implement these team specific for schools that have them.

The way I see it done would be like the new socks for teams like Michigan (In Strategy Pack 1). Whether the sleeve is long, short or to the elbow, it would allow players to wear the same thing that they do on Saturday.

I know I'm probably putting way too much thought into this, but I think it would be a good immersion addition to NCAA 14.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Re: Thoughts regarding team sleeves and NCAA 14

I think it'd be ridiculous for EA to send even 2 minutes working on sleeves and would greatly prefer they spent their time on more important things.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-13-2012, 04:32 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

It would add to the aesthetics of the game for sure. As far as gear I would rank Adidas and UA gloves 1st. 2nd more helmets, 3rd every team has mid socks or no reset in dynasty colored socks too. Of course I have things I would rank ahead of gear stuff like db aggressive problem and many things need to be put into dynasty.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #4
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

Well game play and art are two totally different divisions within the company. I'm not saying things are wonderful on the game play side of things, but artistically what would you rather they spend time on...Song girls or equipment?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-14-2012, 04:26 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I think it'd be ridiculous for EA to send even 2 minutes working on sleeves and would greatly prefer they spent their time on more important things.
I think it's ridiculous to enter a thread and make a post like this. Where's a thread you started so I can go into it and post "I don't care about this issue you're brining up, AT ALL!" and that's my contribution to the thread you started? If I ran this forum I would ban you right now.

Cheers, OS. Getting better every day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2012, 05:16 AM   #6
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

I say let's get team colored sleeves and have the power to mix and match all accessories before games. I also say let's get a game that doesn't have broken sliders, safety glitches, and freezes.

I'm not a game developer, but if the art dept is separate from the gameplay dept I'm sure there is a project producer/ director that both depts have to answer to. If I was that producer I would demand excellence with no excuses. This clearly is not happening at EA.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:27 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
I say let's get team colored sleeves and have the power to mix and match all accessories before games. I also say let's get a game that doesn't have broken sliders, safety glitches, and freezes.

I'm not a game developer, but if the art dept is separate from the gameplay dept I'm sure there is a project producer/ director that both depts have to answer to. If I was that producer I would demand excellence with no excuses. This clearly is not happening at EA.
It really doesn't seem like it huh? I fully agree with you. I have no idea what the art department over there is doing but they clearly lack the finer attention to detail when it comes to accessories.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »