Home

Should EA be reponsible and have recalls?

This is a discussion on Should EA be reponsible and have recalls? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #25
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Should EA be reponsible and have recalls?

it kind of surprises me how much roster sharing still goes on. aren't rosters pretty much a finished product and dynasties in full swing at this stage?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Finally an EA representative visits the NCAA forums.
lol funny... I have had no issues with the game.. Game play is fine for me. My game never freezes, no dynasty issues, no online dynasty issues...

Maybe the issues y'all are having are user-errors?
Old 10-24-2012, 06:43 PM   #27
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
it kind of surprises me how much roster sharing still goes on. aren't rosters pretty much a finished product and dynasties in full swing at this stage?
There's a few guys that update with performance during the season and like breakout players and stuff. Mostly good for the play now/exhibition guys.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #28
NiNja

Soonerfan14's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyFiC
lol funny... I have had no issues with the game.. Game play is fine for me. My game never freezes, no dynasty issues, no online dynasty issues...

Or guys like me that start new dynasties all the time lol

Oklahoma Sooners
Dallas Cowboys

Madden 17 CFM's
Old 10-31-2012, 07:26 PM   #29
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

EA actually recalled an NCAA title before. It might be little known to some, but NCAA 07 for the PSP was recalled due to a bug where the ball would be spotted at the point of contact with a defender and not where they touched the ground.

I had to send in my disc and after about 3-4 weeks they sent me a new "patched" PSP disc at no cost (other than shipping to EA). Great customer service and surprised they did that for such a simple and cheap title. May be why they never released anymore NCAA titles on the PSP!

http://news.softpedia.com/news/NCAA-...gs-34042.shtml
Old 11-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #30
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyFiC

Yeah, all user errors. Check the bugs thread and tell me it's all user error.
:banghead:

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #31
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober430
You always hear about motor companies having a recall on a specific model that has a malfunction. Even food products have recalls due unsafe product.

I'm starting to think that even game makers should be responsible for their faulty product. I bought a $59.96 game that freezes, broken sliders, and it's half made.

I feel if the game isn't ready for the market, it should be sent out to the stores. Keep building it and send it out a later date instead of giving a craporola game. The U.S. government should look into these scammers and start taking responsibility for their faulty game.

EA should have a general recall for all games that are freezing and constantly broken.

/endrant
No. Just no. Auto companies have recals because it usually means their product is unsafe and puts the public at harm. Same with food companies, and other manufacturing companies.

All you have here, is a video game. That's it. Nothing more. If it doesn't live up to your standards, or you dont like it, then trade it in.

I'm so sick of this stupid mentality of wanting to sue, or come after a company because something they've bought is not meeting their expectations. Buyer be ware. That says it all really. If you dont like it, don't buy it. There's plenty of ways for you to try the game first, for example... RENTING IT. Then decide for yourself. There's nothing unsafe about the product, there's no reason to sue, or force the government to make them recall the product, or not sell it. Buyer be ware. It's that simple.

Don't get me wrong, Im not defending EA, or any other game company for that matter, but this whole idea of yours is just ridiculous. Food products and automobiles have recals based upon safety for the consumer. A malfunctioning video game, does not fall into that category.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #32
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

Part of the reason for recalls in the U.S. is as brandon stated. However recalls can also happen when products don't meet mandated quality standards. Video games never have and never will have mandated quality standards because games are art. It really is buyer beware and the only way to get change is not by suing, not by asking for recalls, but by ceasing to buy their product. That will force them to improve quality standards. Also by giving the company bad PR.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »