Home

Should EA be reponsible and have recalls?

This is a discussion on Should EA be reponsible and have recalls? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #1
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12
Should EA be reponsible and have recalls?

You always hear about motor companies having a recall on a specific model that has a malfunction. Even food products have recalls due unsafe product.

I'm starting to think that even game makers should be responsible for their faulty product. I bought a $59.96 game that freezes, broken sliders, and it's half made.

I feel if the game isn't ready for the market, it should be sent out to the stores. Keep building it and send it out a later date instead of giving a craporola game. The U.S. government should look into these scammers and start taking responsibility for their faulty game.

EA should have a general recall for all games that are freezing and constantly broken.

/endrant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Should EA be reponsible and have recalls?

There are issues with it, but I think that may be too far. I'm still having fun with it.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #3
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Recalls are meant for safety issues mostly, not I didn't enjoy the product. If I don't like a brand of cereal, I shouldn't expect a recall on said brand.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 10-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

I actually have had a game recalled. Sierra Fbpro99 was a game that was pushed to market before it was ready. NCAA has bugs and I would say that it is a 95% complete product with all features working but needs tweaking.

I had freezing issues and replaced my console and they went away. Personally I have to chalk that up to hardware not game. Fbpro99 was a game that froze, features on the box just didn't work. At best the game was 40% complete.

This would have been like EA releasing NBA Elite last year. That game is so incomplete they pushed it back another year. That would have been recall candidate, NCAA has bugs but it is not a recall candidate.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #5
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

Sierra knew they were at the point that they were going to have lawsuits against them because the product was truly unplayable on any system by 100% of users. Ea releases games at are payable, but have legacy bugs and issues. This type if thing is what drives sales down but does not cause massive lawsuits for defrauding customers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #6
NiNja

Soonerfan14's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
Sierra knew they were at the point that they were going to have lawsuits against them because the product was truly unplayable on any system by 100% of users. Ea releases games at are payable, but have legacy bugs and issues. This type if thing is what drives sales down but does not cause massive lawsuits for defrauding customers.
Pocket scout you sir are a genius and I love reading your input on various threads!

Oklahoma Sooners
Dallas Cowboys

Madden 17 CFM's
Old 10-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

The freezing alone warrants a recall of some sort. The game is far from perfect otherwise (although I am still having a ton of fun with it), but to have a game that freezes up this frequently is very poor on EA's part.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #8
Rookie

c_law23's Arena

OVR: 4

Never going to happen IMO. I will say that my days of buying games before renting them first are long gone (Redbox is too cheap for me not to give it a test run), with the exception of GTA and Skyrim-type games. This is something that I would do when i was a teenager but once i graduated college I just bought updated games yearly...blindly. EA has finally rid me of that nonsense. Thanks EA!

NFL - Cleveland Browns
MLB - Chicago Whitesox
NBA - Cleveland Cavaliers
NHL - Columbus Blue Jackets/Chicago Blackhawks

Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »