Home

PS2 NCAA 05 thru 11.........favorite and why?

This is a discussion on PS2 NCAA 05 thru 11.........favorite and why? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
PS2 NCAA 05 thru 11.........favorite and why?

Well, I've reached that time again each year where I ditch the next generation NCAA title and go back to my PS2 for NCAA fun. The past week I've been playing 06 a lot. Although I'm having fun with it, the deep ball is a little easy and I remember that being an issue when I originally bought the game 7 years ago. I like a lot of things about 07, but the jump snap and momentum bothered me with this version. I don't have 08 or 09 anymore, so I don't really remember glaring issues with those titles, or if they were even as fun as past versions. I have 10 but haven't put much time into it for whatever reason, and I never purchased 11. I'm just looking for some input from others to refresh my memory and settle on one for a dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #2
Rookie

TheCapstone32's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: PS2 NCAA 05 thru 11.........favorite and why?

My favorite thing about the older games was the menu. Sports Illustrated covers, weekly schedules where it listed the game of the week. I would say NCAA 2006 was my favorite.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

My favorite thing about the older versions was the little crowd noise meter at the top of the screen and the screen almost shaking sometimes haha. Loved seeing my crowd noise meter over 100. I know some people might of hated it but I feel it was nice to see the big impact of a college crowd/atmosphere at some schools.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

I had an Xbox, but I don't presume it was too much different. I also did not own NCAA 08-11 on last-gen, so I can't speak for those.

But, of NCAA 05-07 on last-gen, I would say NCAA 06 is the best. It has its issues, but it's made up for in the end. It is even easier to throw the deep ball in NCAA 05, IIRC, and NCAA 07 is no harder than 06, plus the momentum meter made its appearance that year.

I also love NCAA 06's soundtrack! I remember a lot of bitching on EA's forums when they did that and they went back to using fight songs in NCAA 07, but I still liked it!

One thing that does bother me about NCAA 06 is that was before the NCAA mandated 12-game schedules, so most teams only play 11 regular season games (as was realistic then).

NCAA 04 is good, of course, though the lack of rotating schedules and the 55-man rosters hurt dynasty mode a lot, IMO. It is neat to see the old Big East, though!
Old 11-11-2012, 04:08 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
One thing that does bother me about NCAA 06 is that was before the NCAA mandated 12-game schedules, so most teams only play 11 regular season games (as was realistic then).
well you could look at it as a good thing or a bad thing. the cool thing about it is when doing a custom schedule you can schedule a 12th game against most teams. depending on what team you choose, usually you could keep the default schedule but then schedule a big game for the final week of the season. But i really wish there was a way to edit the dynasty file to give every team a 12th game if you wanted to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
NCAA 04 is good, of course, though the lack of rotating schedules and the 55-man rosters hurt dynasty mode a lot, IMO. It is neat to see the old Big East, though!
NCAA 04 is a good game. 05 fixed a lot of those problems 04 had, gave you bigger rosters, and i think fixed the schedule rotation issues. and really when you play 04 and 05 one after the other you really appreciate the features that 05 added. the gameplay is a lot different then 04, the sliders even work differently. i played 06 a lot when it came out, but in the last few years i have been playing 2005 the most. It is great to see the old Big East in these game, and all the old conferences. i think in general it's easier to get first downs in 06 then it was in 2005.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »