Home

Injuries

This is a discussion on Injuries within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Injuries

Has anyone else turned injuries off? IMO they are far too frequent in this game. My starting HB and QB go down in literally every single game. Until this game gets an injury slider, I have decided to turn injuries off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
They're fine to me. Except for the fact that I only ever get my QB, HB, and WR hurt.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:33 PM   #3
Rookie

PDOGEMP 88's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Injuries

i never get anyone hurt unless i Sim my Game, i wish i had more players get hurt where they are out for Weeks. gives me a chance to use my Back ups
Old 10-23-2012, 11:58 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

In my last season with Wisconsin, my starting HB with an injury rating of 91 was knocked out of 3 games and went down for at least a quarter in 6 other games. Seems kind of excessive to me. I have auto subs set to allow more substitutions and I take my starters out when I am way ahead....this is just one example. It seems to happen like this every season.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:59 PM   #5
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm starting to see that frequently too. I believe the thing you have to take notice of is running with your QB & your other players Stamina! However, i do feel like other players dont get hurt enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 12:59 AM   #6
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

A lot of ppl don't know that the tackle slider in NCAA controls much more than tackling ability. It affects pursuit ability, tackling ability, hit power and injury frequency. The tackle slider in NCAA is the injury slider as well. It's the only slider that I feel I fully understand lol.

If your tackle slider is within 10-5 points of your RB ability slider then you're gonna see a lot more serious injuries. If you're using default 50-50 you are failing. Try keeping your tackle slider at least 25 points lower.

RB ABility 50- Tackling 25 (20 is perfect IMO using 50 RB Ability)

Personally I play with RB Ability at 100 and Tackling at 50-55. This allows for more realistic tackling animations and less cheesy, over the top NFL Blitz type of hits while still maintaining the integrity of the game. You still see big hits because the Tackle slider is at default or close to it. You will see smaller DBs going low on ball carriers in the open field more often. Ball carriers are more likely to use jukes and spins with success. Powerful ballcarriers will truck smaller defenders. More gang tackling. There is more tackling variety overall.

This setting also gives a more realistic amount of serious and game ending injuries. When guys get hurt it is more likely that they will come back after a few snaps rather than being out for the whole game or part of a season. Thank goodness this slider actually works, unlike a few of the other sliders in this game.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:59 AM   #7
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
They're fine to me. Except for the fact that I only ever get my QB, HB, and WR hurt.
Make these edits to your roster and you'll see other guys get hurt. Sometimes it's just for a few plays, and other times they will miss extended time.

It doesn't affect simmed games, just user games. I edit my team prior to the season starting and then the team I am playing prior to the game.

They work like a charm and really make you have to recruit for depth in the future.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-injuries.html

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 10-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #8
Rookie

John_Elway's Arena

OVR: 8

I don't seem to get too many significant injuries. Seems like my HB does get hurt in every game but usually he is only out for a few plays. My QB has only been taken out once this season for 2 quarters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »