Home

Getting commits from players you did not recruit?

This is a discussion on Getting commits from players you did not recruit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2012, 12:43 AM   #9
NiNja

Soonerfan14's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC2
Yes I hate this so much. I am Oregon so I use Colt Lyerla as my TE and my FB and the game thought I needed a FB so it signed one and I can't use Lyerla as both the starting TE and FB anymore.
Formation sub my man

Oklahoma Sooners
Dallas Cowboys

Madden 17 CFM's
Old 10-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #10

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Getting commits from players you did not recruit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmanthegreat
Just cut them if it bothers u.
This is what I do. Only thing that sucks though is that these players disappear from the face of the Earth when you do this. I wish they could go walk-on somewhere else. It's wasting talent out of the talent pool, talent that could help the competition.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 10-29-2012, 12:55 PM   #11
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

The game does this for the CPU and the USER. Look at the Top Classes report in week 5 of the offseason and you will notice most schools have 14-16 signings, but on signing day almost all schools jump to 23-25.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #12

Deegeezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
The game does this for the CPU and the USER. Look at the Top Classes report in week 5 of the offseason and you will notice most schools have 14-16 signings, but on signing day almost all schools jump to 23-25.
Well, I for one hate this new "feature." Why not trickle some of this talent down to the mid-major/small programs?

Old 10-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #13

Deegeezy's Arena

I have an 80 overall OT gem I have been going for since the start of the year and he has a soft verbal for Texas (he previously had a soft verbal to Bama for the past 3 or 4 games). I have been in third place. First I was -860, then -600, then -400, and right now I am -160 in week 11 of the season. I am the ONLY school that has offered this player a scholarship and very likely will end up with him because no one else will offer this 80 overall stud a scholarship.

How is this possible?

Old 10-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #14
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Well, I for one hate this new "feature." Why not trickle some of this talent down to the mid-major/small programs?
I was wondering why it was done this way also so I have done a bunch of simming (after the release of the new patch) to see what all they had fixed in recruiting. (Note: This isnt something that was introduced with the patch)

It appears they are trying to mimic actually signing day so there are more recruits still sitting on the board who have not committed as of the final week of the offseason. The only perk I see from doing it this way is that the higher prestige teams get first dibs of these "walkons/signing day commits" and it allows for top programs to stay good instead of falling off the map like they did in previous games. Doing it this way leaves the recruits on the board longer so the human player has a chance to recruit some, but it also mimics signing day where not every kid is 100% hard committed the entire year.

I have had a handful of kids that I am sitting at #1 on their board all offseason but they never commit and come signing day I'm sitting at #5 on their board and they sign else where. Personally I love this.

I like the way that signing day has some chaos to it, but I do wish that we had the option to turn on/off the "auto-signing to 25" for just the user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I have an 80 overall OT gem I have been going for since the start of the year and he has a soft verbal for Texas (he previously had a soft verbal to Bama for the past 3 or 4 games). I have been in third place. First I was -860, then -600, then -400, and right now I am -160 in week 11 of the season. I am the ONLY school that has offered this player a scholarship and very likely will end up with him because no one else will offer this 80 overall stud a scholarship.

How is this possible?
This is why recruiting is too easy even on Heisman. As mentioned up top they leave a bunch of players sitting around on the board only to assign them on signing day. I think they need to fix the logic and have ~%90 of players who have an OVR of greater than 75 (player who are 76 OVR are better than 92.5% of all incoming recruits) hard commit earlier than they do. Leave a few out there but right now there are way to many who get no attention and make recruiting pretty easy.

Last edited by PocketScout; 10-29-2012 at 01:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »