Home

This game is so close to greatness now.

This is a discussion on This game is so close to greatness now. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #17
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: This game is so close to greatness now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I personally think NCAA 13 is the best football game released this generation!
i could not disagree you more, 13 may not even be the best ncaa game this gen imo, much less the best football game...

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 10-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

It is great to lose a game every once in awhile to an equal opponent without feeling completely screwed over by the game! We have set up some great sliders that make the game play very difficult, and it also takes away over use of the safety glitch. We have one guy in our league that would pad his stats by exploiting the safety glitch, but now he cannot use it nearly like he used to. Our main slider change was increasing the CPU pass rush which makes you as the user read the defense quicker and make very quick, difficult reads. Heck, in real life most quarterbacks don't have much time to get their pass away before the defense is in his face anyway.

There are so many ways to make this game better, but I'm loving it the way it is.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:17 PM   #19
Rookie

lhinds7's Arena

OVR: 0

I agree, the games are getting better as the years go on. But as stated earlier, AA is too easy and Heisman has too much BS happen, and even then it still seems rather easy.

In the OD I'm in with a bunch of friends, all but a couple of us have broken the 100 point barrier on AA with 5 minute quarters, not letting the other team score more than 14 while doing it. We're in bowl games in the 5th year, and one of my friends, just to prove a point, won his game 255-55. Make what you will of that.

Also in the OD, I had 4 DBs with over 10 INTs on the year, 3 of the 4 had over 15 INTs. All I would do is play 2 Man Under, not touch anything, and the CPU QB would throw up ducks all game.

So, in conclusion, this game is FAR from perfect, but that's why there's football in real life
Old 10-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #20
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhinds7
I agree, the games are getting better as the years go on. But as stated earlier, AA is too easy and Heisman has too much BS happen, and even then it still seems rather easy.

In the OD I'm in with a bunch of friends, all but a couple of us have broken the 100 point barrier on AA with 5 minute quarters, not letting the other team score more than 14 while doing it. We're in bowl games in the 5th year, and one of my friends, just to prove a point, won his game 255-55. Make what you will of that.

Also in the OD, I had 4 DBs with over 10 INTs on the year, 3 of the 4 had over 15 INTs. All I would do is play 2 Man Under, not touch anything, and the CPU QB would throw up ducks all game.

So, in conclusion, this game is FAR from perfect, but that's why there's football in real life
255-55....come on. There's no way he's not just abusing the hell out of the db glitch. Otherwise there isn't enough time with 5 min quarters to score that many points.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

AA is way too easy. Even heisman is way too easy until you mess with the slider sets.

The way I have my sliders makes it difficult but you still feel a bit screwed over when you do lose, but it sure makes it more fun than destroying everyone you play. Far from perfect, but definitely the most competitive football I've played on a console.

GBR!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #22
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

I never realized how many fools are on OS...

Get some sliders. Don't abuse the DB glitch.

You have the best NCAA game this gen of consoles.

If you're upset over the freezing issue, I see your point. I'm done talking now. Have fun hating everything in your life!!
Old 10-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #23
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
I never realized how many fools are on OS...

Get some sliders. Don't abuse the DB glitch.

You have the best NCAA game this gen of consoles.

If you're upset over the freezing issue, I see your point. I'm done talking now. Have fun hating everything in your life!!
I didn't know there was one until this site tld me about it.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Quote:

I'm sorry but with sliders set correctly and people not abusing the game this will never ever happen. So continue to allow him to throw 4 verts all day over and over just so he can run the score up and then cry about the game playing badly. You treat it like a arcade game don't seem so surprised when you get arcade results.

No surprise to many in here but if you play the game realistic you CAN get fun competitive games out of the CPU.

What your friend is doing is no different than playing NHL 13 then pulling your goalie so you skate with 6 all game then complain the game is not playing realistic or playing nba2k13 and only shooting 3's the entire game.

Play the game fake, except the same in return.

Sent from da lil phone.

Last edited by Phobia; 10-30-2012 at 07:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »