Home

This game is so close to greatness now.

This is a discussion on This game is so close to greatness now. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: This game is so close to greatness now.

I have to agree with those that say this is the best NCAA game this generation. I think the game plays awesome, with the exception of the deep ball, but I choose to not exploit, and I'll have games against good D's that never let the deep ball open. But for how I play(offense only), on AA, it plays dang near perfect as far as outcome of games. Teams I should be beat handily, I do. Games against weaker but decent opponents can sometimes be close, even sometimes resulting in a loss if I'm off my game. And then I'll have absolute dogfights against teams that matchup real well with my team. Last year I bought NCAA 12 on launch day and quit playing it be about mid October. I'll be playing this one even after the real season ends.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #34
Rookie

lhinds7's Arena

OVR: 0

I have scored 134 points in one game, never once did I run "four verts" or anything like it. Once you know how to "beat" the game, it's easy. Six years into an OD, the biggest complaint I have isn't the CPU defense, it's the CPU offense. All the CPU offense will do, no matter what playbook they have, especially if you get up by 2 TDs, is pass plays, usually resulting with the QB standing in the pocket for ages and either getting sacked or picked. I had a game last season where I intercepted the other team 14 times in one game, all I did was play 2 man under, and not touch the controller at all. FOURTEEN!
Old 11-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #35
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhinds7
I have scored 134 points in one game, never once did I run "four verts" or anything like it. Once you know how to "beat" the game, it's easy. Six years into an OD, the biggest complaint I have isn't the CPU defense, it's the CPU offense. All the CPU offense will do, no matter what playbook they have, especially if you get up by 2 TDs, is pass plays, usually resulting with the QB standing in the pocket for ages and either getting sacked or picked. I had a game last season where I intercepted the other team 14 times in one game, all I did was play 2 man under, and not touch the controller at all. FOURTEEN!
post your sliders, everything about them. there's still no way in hell you are giving yourself a challenge. put yourself at 0 and the cpu at 100 for everything on heisman. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN. ITS IMPOSSIBLE. CHALLENGE YOURSELF.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2012, 05:05 PM   #36
Pro

gameface1324's Arena

OVR: 11

If users didnt get locked out of their dynasties half the time, then this thread could hold weight.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 19

A number of improvements have to be made for this game to get closer to greatness. Improved special teams, a better option game, penalties, all sliders in working order, better pass rush and pass coverage, better OL/DL interaction all stand in the way of this being a truly great game. Plenty of people in plenty of posts have pointed these issues out.

As is, it's a good game.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameface1324
If users didnt get locked out of their dynasties half the time, then this thread could hold weight.

locked out? never had this happen or even know what it really means.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #39
Pro

gameface1324's Arena

OVR: 11

And I cant understand how its not widespread. The OD I was running was in its 3rd season when it had to be shut down due to no one being able to log into the dynasty. Remade it, and same thing.

Another guy created one, and ppl couldnt accept invites.

Joined another OD, we got all the way to week 9 now, and no one can log into the dynasty for 24 hours now
Old 11-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
post your sliders, everything about them. there's still no way in hell you are giving yourself a challenge. put yourself at 0 and the cpu at 100 for everything on heisman. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN. ITS IMPOSSIBLE. CHALLENGE YOURSELF.
Its not impossible. Why does everyone say because they dont see it or it hasnt happened to them its impossible. It is a sports video game every individual finds something different based on their style or how they exploit the CPU.

With that said and the risk of sounding like a hypocrite I too agree with the right sliders I dont see how that is possible but it could be, some people are just straight up nasty, especially if you find the right play against the right CPU D. I have noticed and this isnt a big deal for me since it happens so rarely in my games because of my sliders, that is if I do get a nice little lead early maybe by 17 say the CPU literally plays like **** but in my mind that happens in real football so I dont have an issue with it. I have won games 55-10 on Jarods Black sliders with UMass with 7min qtrs, now granted that is usually against a team like UNLV or UTSA with a few lucky turn overs going my way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »