Home

This game is so close to greatness now.

This is a discussion on This game is so close to greatness now. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2012, 01:55 AM   #49
Rookie

dude_man123's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: This game is so close to greatness now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lay-fixed.html

You'll probably have to tweak them once you get the game but they're a very good base set. I put the pass block for user +5 and CPU Coverage -10 or so. Other than that I thought it was perfect. Just have to change it a little where you're not as good at or make it harder where you are better.
Is that right? I was looking over it, and I saw the pass protection at 15, is that correct? Wouldn't I get sacked in like 3 seconds?
Old 11-02-2012, 02:00 AM   #50
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_man123
Is that right? I was looking over it, and I saw the pass protection at 15, is that correct? Wouldn't I get sacked in like 3 seconds?
unless you have a good offensive line. you have to make quick decisions but if you up it too much then you can pick apart the cpu way too easily. but like i said, good base set, try it out and adjust it a little to where you think it needs it.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:29 AM   #51
Rookie

dude_man123's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
unless you have a good offensive line. you have to make quick decisions but if you up it too much then you can pick apart the cpu way too easily. but like i said, good base set, try it out and adjust it a little to where you think it needs it.
Cool, yeah, I'll have to mess around with it. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the help PatriotJames!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2012, 09:02 AM   #52

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

The next thing they need to work on is this friggin' sim engine. Way too many upsets in dynasty mode this year.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 11-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 4

I downloaded this game back when it came out and never really got into it. I'd play the Show, then I played Madden and NCAA was always kind of on the back burner. Finally fed up with Madden I came back to NCAA and am playing a dynasty and holy cow I love this game. I think the gameplay (I only play offense) has an incredible fun factor to it. The types of plays you can call are so much more fun than the ones on Madden. I can run options, screens, and PAs without having to throw the pass immediately.

I absolutely cannot believe how much fun I am having on this game. I went 6-6 in the first season with Buffalo, and I am out of the 2013 gates at 4-2. I'm hoping for a conference championship this season then I am moving on since my star QB and RB are both seniors.

I think this game just has it.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:51 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
This game is so close to greatness now.
Too bad they're going to undermine it with the infinity engine next year, lol.

Okay, that was pure speculation on my part.

Just got this game the other day in spite of having zero interest in the college game; I was just so sick of some of the stuff I was seeing, or not seeing, in Madden. After only a few games played it feels much more refined compared to Madden. Hopefully it holds up.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #55
Rookie

OmahaKnights's Arena

OVR: 0

Between the safety glitch and the option glitch, it's nowhere close. EA's great at the stuff that doesn't involve football, but when it comes to the game itself, they completely blow it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #56
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
Too bad they're going to undermine it with the infinity engine next year, lol.

Okay, that was pure speculation on my part.

Just got this game the other day in spite of having zero interest in the college game; I was just so sick of some of the stuff I was seeing, or not seeing, in Madden. After only a few games played it feels much more refined compared to Madden. Hopefully it holds up.
I'm hoping they have it ironed out and just use the info they have for Madden & NCAA next year but I'm sure NCAA will get the new engine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »