Home

Freshman QB and Oline Blocking

This is a discussion on Freshman QB and Oline Blocking within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Freshman QB and Oline Blocking

So I'm in a new year in my Dynasty and I have a freshman QB whose arm, accuracy, awareness and everything is better than the two redshirt sophomore QBs I already had. So after the pre-season I set him as the starting QB... I play the 1st game and my Oline is playing like crap... 3 All-Americans and I was sacked 6 times in the 1st half. To start the 2nd half I put my backup QB in and they start playing amazing, time in the pocket, no need to scramble, 3-5-and-7 step drops EVERYTHING!

So can someone please explain to me why the Oline doesn't block good for my freshman QB but they do for my older QBs.

Thanks,

Last edited by TheRealPNasty; 10-10-2020 at 04:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Freshman QB and Oline Blocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealPNasty
So I'm in a new year in my Dynasty and I have a freshman QB whose arm, accuracy, awareness and everything is better than the two redshirt sophomore QBs I already had. So after the pre-season I set him as the starting QB... I play the 1st game and my Oline is playing like crap... 3 All-Americans and I was sacked 6 times in the 1st half. To start the 2nd half I put my backup QB in and they start playing amazing, time in the pocket, no need to scramble, 3-5-and-7 step drops EVERYTHING.

So can someone please explain to me why the Oline doesn't block good for my freshman QB but they do for my older QBs.

Thanks,
This is just an extremely small sample size of 1/2 (not even a sample size of 1 since you didn't play an entire game with either QB) so it's waaaaay too early to conclude that they don't block for your FR but do for your older QBs.

I personally haven't noticed my O-line blocking any differently for my QB based on class.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
This is just an extremely small sample size of 1/2 (not even a sample size of 1 since you didn't play an entire game with either QB) so it's waaaaay too early to conclude that they don't block for your FR but do for your older QBs.

I personally haven't noticed my O-line blocking any differently for my QB based on class.
Yea I forgot to clarify: That was the 1st game but the 2nd and 3rd game the same thing happens. The 2nd I put the Backup QB in its game time... starting QB... SACK!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have seen similar things in my Offline Dynasties that I have done for two years. But what I have noticed is that its either freshman QBs or injury replacements at QB when this happens. But I have noticed that its all due to a heavy rush by the D. If I switch to a ball control offense and play the short passing game mixed heavily with the run then the blitzing stops and things go back to normal. In my head I equate it out to the same thing I do when there is a young QB starting against me or an injury replacement at QB...dial up the heavy pressure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »