Home

NCAA 13 better than Madden 13 after all?

This is a discussion on NCAA 13 better than Madden 13 after all? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
NCAA 13 better than Madden 13 after all?

My understanding (not fact) is that NCAA 13 was poorly recieved and slamed for not bringing anythin new to the table when it was released. Same old again. Madden 13 on the other hand was fresh with IE and connected career.

Now when the dust has settled it seems that NCAA 13 is the better game after all? That is my impression after scanning the forums. Madden gets a lot of negative comments. So i was thinking about buying NCAA 13 since i think the wacky IE interactions and poor replays ruin Madden 13.

What is the view on the two games now that both have been patched and "finished"? NCAA not so bad after all?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA 13 better than Madden 13 after all?

After playing both games a lot, I have decided NCAA is much better than Madden.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete
After playing both games a lot, I have decided NCAA is much better than Madden.
What is it that NCAA does better do you think?
Old 11-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolus Rex
What is it that NCAA does better do you think?
I feel NCAA is a better playing football game. What I like better:

1. Better overall single player experience. Dynasty is more engaging than CCM from the menus, scouting, coaching carousel, ability to play any game during the week, change CPU uniforms, and much more.

2. Though not perfect the AI/CPU plays a better game and calls a better game than Madden. Also the variety in playbooks is great.

3. Even without RTP's, the player movement and animations are so much better to me.

4. If your into online play there is nothing more immersive than an active online dynasty.

There is so much more, so PM or ask here if you need more pros and cons.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
1. Better overall single player experience...

3. Even without RTP's, the player movement and animations are so much better to me.
Those two are really important to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

I could not find much to like in Madden. Basic things really dragged that game down, simple stuff like poor CPU play calling at the end of the game. Then yeah, CCM was really lacking too, so on the field and off left much to be desired.

I'm only just getting into NCAA, but it already feels much better, like a much tighter experience.

Seems to me like this year's NCAA is the fruit of the past couple of years, like this is what they've been building towards. Madden 13 on the other hand is a mess, the result of a lack of direction, and probably won't fully arrive until next year or the year after.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 3

I guess the three lingering issues in NCAA are: questionable safety play, CPU controlled option teams kind of suck at running the option, and then you got the freezing issues that some people are seeing. Not sure about the prevalence of these issues though.

Oh yeah, then I think some people complain about socks or something.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #8
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i initially though so day 1, but now i feel they are both equally bad...

ncaa playcalling is awful, the cpu plays the same with Marshall as they play with Pitt, i am watching Pitt v ND they NEVER run 5 wide, not even on 3rd and 17..

yet in ncaa on 3rd and anything over 8, the cpu ALWAYS comes out in 5 wide and calls verticals, with spread teams same as pro style teams....

its scripted gameplay for every team, no matter if its a freshman, or a heisman qb, they(EA) cranked up the aggressiveness which killed diversity in team specific playcalling...

in ncaa the cpu calls maybe 10 different plays per game...

in madden its the opposite, the cpu calls too much run. No matter if its brady or manning they run on passing downs...

madden is scripted to be too conservative...

these games need to hit that delicate balance, its minor to most folks but as of now i am looking to trade ncaa while i can still get 30 for it....

good effort by ea in both games.......

#18 greatest EVA....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »