Home

Well Guys this is it right here

This is a discussion on Well Guys this is it right here within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2012, 03:14 AM   #25
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Well Guys this is it right here

I think this may be the most pure line play I have seen on a game, mind you its no where perfect but in comparison to what we've been dealing with its great..

It's got me thinking though should strength be 0'd out across the board? Wonder what that would do for gameplay?Tackles?

If its anything like what it did for the line taking it away seemed to really allow the ratings to play out and decide who was going to win the matchup.

Was just thinking if you didn't edit the line backers strength in a 3-4 defense this could create a great pass rush that would force you to read the blitz and try and bring extra blockers or force the quick pass could be great!

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Last edited by HighCmpPct; 11-07-2012 at 03:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2012, 03:20 AM   #26
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCmpPct
Ok 0 out all lineman strength ratings lets see how it goes for 11 plays:

Offense: Ace Slot Y Shallow Cross

Defense: Cover 4

1st play: No PAT at all anywhere! Nice pocket formed no one broke their block but got pushed all over the place

2nd play: No PAT at all anywhere! Nice pocket again this time the RE got free with a swim move and got the sack

3rd play: Just a little PAT between LE/RT after they already had engaged and seperated, LE no swim move just broke free and got the sack

4th play: No PAT at all anywhere! LE no swim move just broke free and got the sack

5th play: No PAT at all anywhere! Nice pocket again this time the RE got free with a swim move and got the sack

6th play: Just a little PAT between LE/RT after they already had engaged and seperated, swim move by RE for the sack

7th play: Same as 5th play

8th play: Same as 6th play

9th play: Same as 5th play

10th play: Same as 1st play though RE eventually got free

11th play: Okay for this play I shifted the pocket to the left to try and stop the RE// Very nice pocket same as the 10th play but really had more room threw a deep TD to LEE

There is definitely something to 0 out all the linemans strength, I think it might let the moves and shedding ratings matchup against the pass****n and impact block ratings.

NICCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEE!!! Yeah I'm def with you on the "0" strength making a big difference. My next question would be...how to separate the Blue Chippers from the barely receiving D1 offers players lol! Like I wanna see a dominant LT just whip his man all day long...and on the flipside I wanna see a guy like Jadaveon Clowney just eat his man for lunch. Then the toss up battles in between. I'm trying to figure out which attribute is more powerful/important for the DL? Is it Blk Shed, Pwr Move/Finesse Move?

In my attempt to make players play different based on their tendency, I would for example...

1) Pass Rushing DE- Lower Power Moves to 40 and max out Finesse moves.
2) Run Stopper DE- Lower Finesse Moves to 40 and max out Power moves.
3) For Balanced DE- I would leave as is.

But, I also know that Blk Shed determines how quick/successful a player get's off his block so...

Question for you...what did you have your Pass Rush and Pass Blk sliders set at when you were testing?

Another thing to keep in mind too is if "0" is the way to go with strength for the OL/DL then more than likely the LB's and DB's will have to be edited the same way as well because if not they will shed or get past the OL's on a blitz with ease. The trickle down effect man lol. That was the only thing that kept me from permanently doing it(as of today).
Old 11-07-2012, 04:01 AM   #27
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
NICCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEE!!! Yeah I'm def with you on the "0" strength making a big difference. My next question would be...how to separate the Blue Chippers from the barely receiving D1 offers players lol! Like I wanna see a dominant LT just whip his man all day long...and on the flipside I wanna see a guy like Jadaveon Clowney just eat his man for lunch. Then the toss up battles in between. I'm trying to figure out which attribute is more powerful/important for the DL? Is it Blk Shed, Pwr Move/Finesse Move?

In my attempt to make players play different based on their tendency, I would for example...

1) Pass Rushing DE- Lower Power Moves to 40 and max out Finesse moves.
2) Run Stopper DE- Lower Finesse Moves to 40 and max out Power moves.
3) For Balanced DE- I would leave as is.

But, I also know that Blk Shed determines how quick/successful a player get's off his block so...

Question for you...what did you have your Pass Rush and Pass Blk sliders set at when you were testing?

Another thing to keep in mind too is if "0" is the way to go with strength for the OL/DL then more than likely the LB's and DB's will have to be edited the same way as well because if not they will shed or get past the OL's on a blitz with ease. The trickle down effect man lol. That was the only thing that kept me from permanently doing it(as of today).
Since starting the edits I've gotten from you all of this testing has been done on All-American with all 50 sliders, Slow Speed, and 50 Threshold.

Just took this into practice Bama vs. USC:

With USC on offense Bama could get no pass rush, even with the higher strength ratings for LB's it seems that power and finesse moves ratings matter more. Not once did a LB break his block.

Saw some interesting stuff when I gave Bama the ball though. Started out doing a middle run against cover 4. Cool things sometimes some DL would get just completely ran over sometimes, and sometimes they would fight with the OL and try and tackle me when I went to pass him. USC got some pressure not as much as they got against themselves in practice but imma say this is Bama's good OL.

What I'm thinking though is that no matter what if its a 3-4 defense OLB's Power moves must be upped probably by at least 20 across all 3-4/3-3-5 defenses. Gonna test this with Bama without touching the OLB's strength and see how it goes. I'll post back and tell you how it goes, and then decide if/how to adjust their Strength.

3K Gaming Discord

Denny 3K Gaming

Old 11-07-2012, 04:05 AM   #28
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

Oh yeah all credit goes to you man, you got me started on this with your post about your Florida tests. I was sitting on the toilet thinking and it hit me(lol I know doesn't sound right) but I was like why not try this and see if it opens up the ratings more and it appears it has.

Edit this in here about your comment of distinguishing between good/great players, since i've stated these line edits I've really seen that this takes care of itself really as I just noticed my post you quoted with the tests on it the LE never broke away from his man towards the QB before the QB would have thrown it in game he just simply was not as good as the RE.

So on my post you quoted everytime you see LE got the sack it was really the RE he's the only End that got there.

3K Gaming Discord

Denny 3K Gaming

Last edited by HighCmpPct; 11-07-2012 at 04:26 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:50 AM   #29
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

Messed up and hit play now instead of practice, having to redo all the lines strengths ratings, gonna try this though next.

I'm going to 0 out Bama's 2 OLB's strength rating then take their

ROLB: to 99 FIN moves and 40 POW moves

then

LOLB: to 99 POW moves and 40 FIN moves

The LOLB should be able to get pressure now, gonna see if I can get FIN moves to work for the first time this year.

Also just finished all my edits on LSU so I have them to play with as well.

3K Gaming Discord

Denny 3K Gaming

Old 11-07-2012, 05:15 AM   #30
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

Ok so here we are the Bama LB test heres the 11 tries:

Defense: Strike OLB 2

1st play: Sat in pocket 4.7 seconds sacked by RE lots of Patty from ROLB

2nd play: Sat in pocket 3.7 seconds sacked by DT

3rd play: Sat in pocket 3.9 seconds sacked by DT

I stopped there as I thought FIN moves still won't work, the ROLB wanted to get some pressure and was pushing his man alot I mean way across the pocket too just couldn't get away.

So heres what imma try, reset the POW and FIN on the 2 OLB's then I'm going to add 20 to both their moves and 10 to BLK shedding and see how that goes.

3K Gaming Discord

Denny 3K Gaming

Old 11-07-2012, 05:21 AM   #31
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCmpPct
Ok so here we are the Bama LB test heres the 11 tries:

Defense: Strike OLB 2

1st play: Sat in pocket 4.7 seconds sacked by RE lots of Patty from ROLB

2nd play: Sat in pocket 3.7 seconds sacked by DT

3rd play: Sat in pocket 3.9 seconds sacked by DT

I stopped there as I thought FIN moves still won't work, the ROLB wanted to get some pressure and was pushing his man alot I mean way across the pocket too just couldn't get away.

So heres what imma try, reset the POW and FIN on the 2 OLB's then I'm going to add 20 to both their moves and 10 to BLK shedding and see how that goes.

Definitely let me know how it turns out. I'm itching to get home and try some things out!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2012, 05:30 AM   #32
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

Ok you know the drill same plays as before:

1st play: Sat in pocket 3.4 seconds DT sack, no seperation by OLB's

2nd play: Sat in pocket 3.4 seconds RE sack, just lots of pushing back and across from OLB's

3rd play: Sat in pocket 3.6 seconds shook off sack from DT sacked by LOLB

4th play: sat in pocket 3.7 seconds sack by DT

5th play: stopped

Well its perplexing even with 90+ shedding and the moves +20 They are beating their man than just can't get away from him they get to the side of him then its like their stuck to him.

Trying this moved both OLB's POW moves to 85 left LOLB FIN move at 0 moved ROLB FIN move to 99 will report back

3K Gaming Discord

Denny 3K Gaming

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »