Home

Does anyone want to hear about an unstoppable play?

This is a discussion on Does anyone want to hear about an unstoppable play? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2003, 01:12 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Does anyone want to hear about an unstoppable play?

Yes, I agree with the above poster that there are a lot of "unstoppable" plays in this game. However; this seems to be the only one that works to such a degree that I can destroy the CPU on heisman with the sliders turned up. I even blasted Miami in year one using Michigan. I don't sub any WR in for the TE. I was mearly noting that if you want to make this play even more unreal to do so. I played a season with FSU and put PK Sam in there at TE. I was having troubles staying under 1000 yards passing in the easier games. Again, this is with heisman and AI=20.

I too have about 12 plays that I rotate. This just happens to be my butter play. Once you recruit for a couple of seasons and you get what I like to call the big 4 together (great QB, RB, TE, WR) this play becomes nearly unstoppable.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:34 AM   #18
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

The TE has been the Achilles Heel of NCAA for a few versions now. A fast TE (80+speed) can simply own a game if you want to play that way. I play on Heisman now, and if I want to I can send my TE on fly patterns and pass for 300 yards without much of a problem. This is really an engine issue more than anything because deep passes are on target WAY too often and the DBs have a problem swatting passes when a receiver runs a streak. The 40 yard pass shouldn't always hit the receiver in stride, and that seems to happen a bit much in NCAA (and Madden for that matter). Once EA can figure out a way to fix this--and make a QB with poor accuracy overthrow and underthrow receivers running deep passes the game will move up another notch on the 'awesome' scale.

I'd also like to see separate ratings for short passing accuracy and deep passing accuiracy but that's another issue.
Old 11-12-2003, 03:59 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

I don't think it's the Achilles Heel of NCAA. It's just like real college football. Teams with good TEs exploit good defenses at will. Miami with Winslow and Shockey comes to mind. In '97 when Michigan was Co-National Champs their starting TE led the team in receptions. I thought it was a well known fact that a fast TE (with good size) can dominate a game catching the ball. The problem is that you also need a TE that can block if you want to run the ball. That's the trade-off.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:11 PM   #20
MVP

rocker78's Arena

OVR: 12

well in the offens that i run which is basically only shotgun spread and trips the only play that i can say is money is the double cross in the spread

if you scramble left the slot receiver is alost always open and if not then the wr on the opposite side is doing a deep in that works alot but the route needs to develop and if all else fails then more then likely you can get a great gain from scrambeling

i would say i us this play about 12 times a game
Old 11-13-2003, 11:31 AM   #21
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

The pros can work the same way. Look at Indy this year. They have guys like Harrison, Wayne, and Walters spreading the field, leaving the underneath open for guys like Pollard and Dallas Clark to get open. It's nearly impossible to cover both the middle and deep zones unless you're dropping 7-8 guys in coverage every play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2003, 05:40 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have some unstoppable plays

I also use Auburn and they have Cadillac in the backfeild so i dont know how well this will work with other teams.

in I-Form Normal the HB Tackle play is good, motion your strong side WR, if he takes the CB with him then put him to the other side, if not then have him block straight up, if they stack the side your running to call an audible to the I-Form Normal HB Counter or the I-Form Normal PA Fade, i rushed Cadillac for over 1200 yards in 4 games, they were good oppenents too (USC, FSU, OSU and VANDY)
Old 11-17-2003, 03:40 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

This is a great thread. One would think that there is a bug in the game because someone found an unstoppable play. This is an unstoppable play provided that the FS comes up and you have time to call all the right audibles. And still, even after you get all that done you still have to execute. It happens every Saturday and Sunday. It's a tribute to soce's ability to read a defense.

This is why I like this game. Realism.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:42 PM   #24
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

My unstopable play is the shotgun fake handoff TE out. The LB usually always bites on the handoff and I can get 8-10 yds every time. Unless they blitz then I get creamed...not so unstopable after all I guess.

-Matt

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »