Home

Fast LB always gets sack when blitzing

This is a discussion on Fast LB always gets sack when blitzing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #9
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Fast LB always gets sack when blitzing

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieK76
It's not a matter of defending him as my original post even said it's not cheese. It's due to his LB being a 94 speed because his other LB that blitzes doesn't even come close to the QB. I asked if there was anything additional I could do speed wise or slider wise to limit those opportunities.

Seriously.
If its not cheese, a glitch, or otherwise an exploit, why are you trying to limit the opportunities? Why not let him reap the benefits of having a fast LB? Either admit that it's cheese and require he pick the play less often, or simply let him do it. Other than threshold or game speed, I don't see anything else you could do short of editing the player.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #10
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6

All of the above. Between HFA and some blitz in the 3-3-5 I got worked over. At first I thought it was because I am Baylor but he was TCU. Not sure but all of my OL were 81+ OVR. No way this play should have worked no matter what I tried.

I guess I will see when next time we play.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #11
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10
This is pointless. It's cheese. Tell him to stop or you are throwing out his results and sim his game. Its that simple. Its NEVER going to happen on FBS football, ever. Its cheese.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2012, 06:31 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 1

devil's advocate time.

if he isnt controlling the player, isnt audibling line or lb shifts then how is it a nano blitz? surely nano implies you have to do something to set it up.

if its a stock play (and it has to be) thats available to all and it takes advantage of the abilities of his players its cheese?

i dont play online or against anyone. but isnt it every coach ideal to get a mismatch between your players and theirs, and maximise the 11 players you have on the field.

now if its cheese thats bad. but if i had a really fast backer id use him as much as i could in game and irl. the opposition have to stop me i dont have to.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:09 AM   #13
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

*Opens pad* Checklist, Ummm...Reason 680 not to play sports games online. Continuing with roster edits and CPU games validated. I need milk and cheese and butter btw... *checks off list*
Old 11-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #14
Rookie

HAHA everything is cheese or an exploit. Have you tried pinching your line and keep your half back in to block? Obviously if he is doing it the middle will be wide open so throw a slant pattern. HAHA Cheese. You guys must be horrible at this game to even think it is cheese. Dumb
Old 11-09-2012, 08:59 AM   #15
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettylittlesmiles
HAHA everything is cheese or an exploit. Have you tried pinching your line and keep your half back in to block? Obviously if he is doing it the middle will be wide open so throw a slant pattern. HAHA Cheese. You guys must be horrible at this game to even think it is cheese. Dumb
Let's see...Ummm a LB with 13 sacks in a game...someone is ok with that. Wow...just wow.*Digs deep, way back into football days long gone* Even the great Derrick Thomas (RIP my man) could only muster a mere 7 sacks in one game. I guess he wasn't good enough.

Reason 681 not to play sports games online...or without a competent commish.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
Let's see...Ummm a LB with 13 sacks in a game...someone is ok with that. Wow...just wow.*Digs deep, way back into football days long gone* Even the great Derrick Thomas (RIP my man) could only muster a mere 7 sacks in one game. I guess he wasn't good enough.

Reason 681 not to play sports games online...or without a competent commish.
Oops didn't mean to like. Stupid phone.

Anyways. It's a video game. You're suppose to make the right adjustments to stop it. If I were a coach at a school and I ran a blitz and it work 98% of the time and the O didn't adjust why would I stop running the play? So Oregon v USC both coaches were cheesing like a mofo on offense. Chip goes for it on 4th down. He is a cheater as well I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »