Home

Needing some Flexbone help.

This is a discussion on Needing some Flexbone help. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2012, 08:01 AM   #1
Rookie

prd689's Arena

OVR: 5
Needing some Flexbone help.

How in the hell do you run this damn offense?

I understand triple options and their reads, but I don't understand the read on the QB midline. Also, if you have users who constantly use the run commit option, is there any counter to that? They commit one way, I run the other way and still get killed for a TFL.

I'm not sure if I want this as my base for an offense but would like to have 4-5 packages in my book.

Any suggestions on how to use it well and/or what formations?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
Pro

Haze88's Arena

Re: Needing some Flexbone help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prd689

I understand triple options and their reads, but I don't understand the read on the QB midline. Also, if you have users who constantly use the run commit option, is there any counter to that? They commit one way, I run the other way and still get killed for a TFL.

I'm not sure if I want this as my base for an offense but would like to have 4-5 packages in my book.

The midline read does not exist in this game, in real life it is the DT and run like an inside zone read. WB Misdirection and one of the load options which has a fake motion across could help.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:37 AM   #3
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by prd689

Hey! I'm a HUGE fan of the flexbone, wishbone, and Wing T offense. I used to use them as my entire playbook on the last generation of consoles (still play NCAA 08 religiously for the original XBOX).
That being said, I think at this point in the games career, The wishbone and most other run heavy formations are virtually broken. Its probably not really your fault that you are having a difficult time perfecting the plays, its just that the game play mechanics crucial to running these offenses need either some serious tweeking, or a complete overhaul (run blocking is poor in most cases, "truckstick" does not seem to exist, jukes are very ineffective, and the option pitch button has spotty success at best). Now, all of the peices that I just listed there are critical for having an effective flexbone offense, So you can take the route I took, and just completely abandon it until it becomes more realistic. A suitable replacement (for me) is the Strong I or weak I. The fullback can get a lot of touches, AND you can run about a million option plays out of it! also consider using the Wingbone out of ARMYs playbook! I have had a lot of success with that!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #4
Rookie

prd689's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabursock55
Hey! I'm a HUGE fan of the flexbone, wishbone, and Wing T offense. I used to use them as my entire playbook on the last generation of consoles (still play NCAA 08 religiously for the original XBOX).
That being said, I think at this point in the games career, The wishbone and most other run heavy formations are virtually broken. Its probably not really your fault that you are having a difficult time perfecting the plays, its just that the game play mechanics crucial to running these offenses need either some serious tweeking, or a complete overhaul (run blocking is poor in most cases, "truckstick" does not seem to exist, jukes are very ineffective, and the option pitch button has spotty success at best). Now, all of the peices that I just listed there are critical for having an effective flexbone offense, So you can take the route I took, and just completely abandon it until it becomes more realistic. A suitable replacement (for me) is the Strong I or weak I. The fullback can get a lot of touches, AND you can run about a million option plays out of it! also consider using the Wingbone out of ARMYs playbook! I have had a lot of success with that!
Good advice. I never really looked at the Strong I or weak I. I'll definitely take a look this evening. Thanks for the heads up.

Sad that the flexbone is ineffective as it used to be pretty damn good if I remember correctly.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

With the right set of sliders, the Flexbone offense can work. I have just started a dynasty with all the "bones" as my playbook. I have had pretty good success, I feel. You just need to make sure you can throw the ball, too, as it is very possible to get behind the down and distance with the flexbone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2012, 07:40 PM   #6
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunt26
With the right set of sliders, the Flexbone offense can work. I have just started a dynasty with all the "bones" as my playbook. I have had pretty good success, I feel. You just need to make sure you can throw the ball, too, as it is very possible to get behind the down and distance with the flexbone
Yeah, adjusting the sliders can help a lot with running the ball. I just feel like im cheating when i do it. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »