Home

NCAA Football 2006 and NCAA 13 comibined..

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 2006 and NCAA 13 comibined.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2012, 10:45 PM   #1
Rookie

tcc23's Arena

OVR: 2
NCAA Football 2006 and NCAA 13 comibined..

...makes the best college football game of all time. About a month ago I bought ncaa 2006 just to bring back some good memory's, and I am just now getting around to play it. I must say this game has a whole lot of good and just a little bad. There is a lot of stuff you would just be surprised to see in such an early generation game.

The EA Crew needs to go back and review this game put as much as possible into ncaa 14.

With all the new additions like custom conferences, Coach Car, Playbooks, and uniform store, ETC/ And add things from ncaa 06 into it such as, 1aa schools, Suspensions, the running motion, the way to refs call out penaltys, and a whole lot more.

Then you have an awesome video game that many would enoy.

Just throwing my 2 cents out there to see what you people think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2012, 01:00 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA Football 2006 and NCAA 13 comibined..

in 7 more years, someone gonna pop in ncaa 13 and say the..............
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Old 11-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrizzo380
I doubt it. The problem this gen was EA started from scratch and stripped good features. If NCAA new gen builds on madden infinity engine, and retains the current features like recruiting, playbooks, coaching carousel, the game in 7 years should be miles ahead of ncaa 13. On the other hand EA is dense and might make the same mistake they made in this gen.

FWIW I've been playing ncaa 07 every night for 1-2 hours for the last 2 weeks. It is NOT nostalgia. On the field the game plays so much better.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrizzo380
LOL no cause in 7 years we'll all be wearing body suits and running around our houses in virtual helmets lol!!!!

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 11-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #5
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura
I doubt it. The problem this gen was EA started from scratch and stripped good features. If NCAA new gen builds on madden infinity engine, and retains the current features like recruiting, playbooks, coaching carousel, the game in 7 years should be miles ahead of ncaa 13. On the other hand EA is dense and might make the same mistake they made in this gen.

FWIW I've been playing ncaa 07 every night for 1-2 hours for the last 2 weeks. It is NOT nostalgia. On the field the game plays so much better.
This kinda goes on a trend that at least I have noticed since the current gen systems came out. It just seems that alot of sport titles and titles in general have gotten slightly lazy on the gameplay part of their titles, and our just banking on the better graphics too carry the game through.

With the earlier gen systems the gameplay had to be more realistic because the graphics we're never going to provide that realism. Obviously there are exceptions such as The Show and couple others but just a bad trend I've seen.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #6
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I doubt it. The problem this gen was EA started from scratch and stripped good features.
I don't even think this serves as any excuse or justification anymore. Now it's simply either laziness or incompetence on the part of EA.

2002 was the first year NCAA Football was released for PlayStation 2 (2001 was a PlayStation 1 exclusive). For that transition, EA "started over" and scrapped a bunch of features that had been part of the 2001 PS1 game. From there, the game improved significantly every year and just 3 years later the franchise entered its prime during the feature-packed 2005-2006 glory days (which I think most fans consider the peak of the series).

The first current-gen NCAA title was NCAA 07; this year we're on YEAR 7 of this generation and we STILL don't have a lot of features that were in the game a decade ago (e.g., there are no real FCS teams, no signature fan celebrations, fewer fight songs, we finally got a few team-specific entrances in last year but not all that there used to be). In addition, bugs still persist that have plagued the game since the 07 version.

So to sum up, EA went from a "next-gen start over" in 2002 to the best of the series in just 3 years, while we're now SEVEN years into this generation and still dealing with a lack of features and the same stupid bugs and glitches. They can't use the jump to PS3 and XBox 360 as an excuse anymore.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #7
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCmpPct
It just seems that alot of sport titles and titles in general have gotten slightly lazy on the gameplay part of their titles, and our just banking on the better graphics too carry the game through.
I don't know if it is so much laziness as they are distracted with so many other components that modern sports games entail. You have the online features, superstar modes, mini-games, etc. Now they seem to be getting into social media aspects. Just too much going on.

The biggest problem I have with video football games these days (as an offline gamer) is that there are just too many plays that are overly successful or doomed to fail. There is no balance., I just cant understand how this can be ignored year after year. On offense, it really limits the playbook which makes it boring. On the defense, my success pretty much relies on how stupid the CPU is with their play calling. They can move the ball on me...until they start running the option, or slowly developing outside runs.....then my CPU teammates dominate.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:48 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
the actual gameplay on the field is more realistic to the decisions football players have to make in an actual game with what you can control with your gamepad. on last-gen, taking control of a DB or safety in-pass gave you enough time move the guy into position to knock a ball down that would have been caught. and the game shows its balance at other times when the cpu players contest passes themselves. but the most important thing is that the gameplay overall is convincing. the fun factor is also great. and you sometimes forget about how great it is until you actually get into the gameplay and play multiple series in a row. i think gameplay detail is something that is missing on the 360/PS3. on last-gen, there was a feeling that every detail, every rating, every slider, every option worked properly and mattered. you have to play the last-gen games to really understand this, and you might forget about it if you just went to next-gen and never looked back.

i think this is a great thread and i'm hoping we can identify specific things that were better on last-gen. one guy mentioned that the field seems to small in ncaa 13 on 360/PS3. there is the sense that you are playing on a large field on last-gen, something we took for granted at the time. the players seem slightly bigger in next-gen, and also they move around the field at a more frenetic pace then they did on last-gen. and i think that also makes the field feel smaller because of the speed that defenders can close you down and move around. the way defenders pursue and zero in on tackles is different mechanically on next-gen, and i prefer the last-gen system. because on last-gen, with the right matchups (ratings / sliders) there would be context-sensitive break tackle animations. when i watch the gameplay of the 360 / PS3 NCAA games, i see a game that is moving too fast, players turning on a dime without any attempt to simulate weight distribution and footwork. on last-gen, when you made a cut, or a quick juke, you would see the player plant his foot, and thrust forward. these were things that we took for granted on last-gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »