Home

Have Any of You Been Screwed by the Refs?

This is a discussion on Have Any of You Been Screwed by the Refs? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Have Any of You Been Screwed by the Refs?

Just had another one. There are many times when a QB gets hit while making a pass and the ball goes nowhere (very close to a fumble). It doesn't really bother me that the play gets called incomplete, but I just had one where my QB's arm was almost at full extension and releasing the ball when getting hit, and the ball came loose, was picked up by the D and returned for a TD. I challenged it and the play stood as called. I then went to the replay and watched it a few times and the QB was much further through his progression than on the normal plays where the QB gets hit and loses the ball while passing, but those are called incomplete.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:42 PM   #10
Rookie

justinturner54's Arena

OVR: 0

I played two games today where the clock should of stopped or kept going but didn't the first was agaisnt Oregon they where driving down to end the half and they threw a pass with 7 seconds left behind the first down so the clock should keep rolling but they got a holding call but I declined the penalty but the refs stopped the clock and they kicked a field goal

Then I'm playing duke and they are driving at the end of the game and I'm down a td and they throw a pass out of bounds and it was caught but ruled out but the clock kept running
Old 12-07-2012, 10:49 PM   #11
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5

For me the worst thing is tipped passes that become interceptions when the ball is clearly IN CONTACT with the beautiful textured grass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #12
Rookie

I just had one where the CPU's WR caught a pass way out of bounds and it was called incomplete on the field. They then reviewed the play and overturned it calling it a catch. The player was no where near being in bounds (a good foot out of bounds).
Old 12-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #13
Banned

CHlNESE BANDlTS's Arena

Yeah, it happens from time to time. Just have to laugh it off and move on..
Old 12-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #14
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

I got called for holding on a pass play last season.

oh I forgot to mention the holding was on my WR that got pressed at the line of scrimage and then caught the pass and ran for a TD...

so he held somehow while being pressed by the CB, caught the pass and ran untouched for the TD but was called for holding.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #15
MVP

Shibito's Arena

I just did! Playing with ND in overtime against BC. 3rd and 9 for BC. Deep pass and its caught at the back of the end zone, but his foot is clearly in the white. Still ruled a TD and I can't challenge... Terrible way to lose my first game of the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHlNESE BANDlTS
Yeah, it happens from time to time. Just have to laugh it off and move on..
I do. I just hate the fact that they put challenges into the game and it doesn't even get the call right ever.

It was quite funny that they had the call correct at first and incorrectly overturned the call after the review.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »