Home

Road to Glory is Absolutely Broken

This is a discussion on Road to Glory is Absolutely Broken within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Road to Glory is Absolutely Broken

I'm getting ready to return this game. I've only had it for 3 days, and I just can't take it anymore.

I'm not gonna just complain without giving something constructive, so here we go:

1) From reading reviews, it seems that the RTG player didn't get enough touches in previous versions? Well, now we get TOO MANY touches. I should not carry the ball 50 times in a game simply because i happen to be controlling the RB. I don't mind pass blocking, really! It's part of being a realistic RB. If i want to carry the ball over and over, i'll play Practice Mode.
I was gonna test this overcompensation by accepting a scholarship to ECU ("Air Raid" style of play), but i feel like it would have pissed me off even more if the entire team gave up on their playbook just because i'm controlling the RB.

2) Practice is severely broken. After my first two practices, i've decided that it's best for my player's career if i just skip practice (great message to send to the kids, EA!). I feel like i go to practice solely to spend all the coach trust i earned during the games. A run for no gain is worth 0 points, but a 1 yard loss is -11. How does that make sense? I have to deliberately run a terrible route just to avoid catching a screen pass that automatically removes all the points i earned during the previous 5 plays.

3) The game does not understand clock management at all. This one is the worst problem, in my opinion. I've had a series that went like this:
--My team leading by 6 in the 4th quarter
--QB kneel, 38 seconds left
--Defense calls their final timeout (they only had 1 left)
--QB kneel. In a real game, both teams would run from the sidelines and the coaches would shake hands, etc, while the clock ticks to 0. It's a 40 second play clock, so there's no delay of game possible.
--Instead, my team decides to run ANOTHER QB Kneel with about 25 seconds left! The play clock had 27 seconds left on it!
--Now it's 4th down...and we decide to go for a field goal! Okay, i'm thinking, we'll just line up for the kick and let time expire. But then we actually KICK and MAKE the field goal with 9 seconds left! So now we're up by 9, and have to kick it back to the other team for no reason!
Now what if we had missed that FG? Now the other team gets to try a Hail Mary to win the game! This is utterly stupid! Why would we try to score points after a kneel-down? In a real life game, there would be accusations of match fixing for the gambling line (especially if we were 7 or 8 point favorites!)

And then there are some little things that just tell me that nobody bothered to check this game after it was finished:
-If i'm not the captain, why do i get to call the coin toss? The visuals clearly show that i am not on the field during this time, so automate this part!
-I'm the 4th string RB. Why am i leading the team out onto the field? Why am i doing the stupid "one arm straight up, shimmy side to side" dance while everyone surrounds me? I know that RTG mode is supposed to be "all about me," but STOP MAKING IT ALL ABOUT ME!
-If you press X (Xbox) to skip until you're on the field, you get to play the next time you're on the field. But if you press A to advance by one play at a time, you can't control yourself when you get back on the field. You have to press RB (watch play) to break the simulation, while the AI controls your character. Otherwise, it will just keep simming plays and telling you how many yards you gained on each play.

Maybe this isn't the place for the game developers to actually see the problems, but i don't care. Something needs to be done to fix this game.

Last edited by Chasden; 11-21-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #2
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Road to Glory is Absolutely Broken

I was having issues getting any sort of yardage in my running back RTG as well. These sliders really seemed to balance out the play on both sides of the ball well.

The time management issue has really bugged me too

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »