Home

Coaching Tendency/Slider Question

This is a discussion on Coaching Tendency/Slider Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2012, 12:54 AM   #1
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20
Coaching Tendency/Slider Question

I remember reading that the pass/run ratio and aggressiveness for the Offense and Defense were different than it looked like.

OFFENSE
Pass/Run - 55 (does this mean I'm passing more often?)
Aggressiveness - 55 (More aggressive or less?)

DEFENSE
Pass/Run - 55 (I thought someone told me the other was the opposite. I could be dreaming.. Just in case, on defense does this mean I play the pass more?)
Aggressiveness - 55 (More aggressive or less on D?)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Coaching Tendency/Slider Question

^^^^^I have the exact same problem. I feel like it's backwards somewhere along the way because the names of the sliders are flipped once you go in to edit coach. In coaching philosophy, let's say you put the slider to 55, if you go to edit coach, it becomes 45. WTF??? Can anybody shed some significant light on this matter??
Old 12-01-2012, 12:40 AM   #3
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

From looking at the coaches this is what I think.. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong

Run Offense/Pass Offense = (Lower #= pass more, Higher # = run more)
Aggressive/Conservative = (Lower #= more conservative, Higher # = more aggressive)
Old 12-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #4
MVP

cparrish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
From looking at the coaches this is what I think.. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong

Run Offense/Pass Offense = (Lower #= pass more, Higher # = run more)
Aggressive/Conservative = (Lower #= more conservative, Higher # = more aggressive)
They way they have it set up is not very good, that's why people have been confused on this issue for the past year.

With run/pass, the more the bar goes to the left the more they call run plays. The more they call pass plays. So if you have a coach who has a run/pass rating of 40/60, it means he calls run plays 60% of the time and pass plays 40% of the time. The sliding bar makes sense, but the numbers are what throws everyone off.

As for aggressive/conservative, you take Oregon for instance who runs a lot of quick short passes, well their rating would be 84/16 while a team like Tennessee who throws the ball deep a lot would be along the lines of 30/70.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 12-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #5
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
They way they have it set up is not very good, that's why people have been confused on this issue for the past year.

With run/pass, the more the bar goes to the left the more they call run plays. The more they call pass plays. So if you have a coach who has a run/pass rating of 40/60, it means he calls run plays 60% of the time and pass plays 40% of the time. The sliding bar makes sense, but the numbers are what throws everyone off.

As for aggressive/conservative, you take Oregon for instance who runs a lot of quick short passes, well their rating would be 84/16 while a team like Tennessee who throws the ball deep a lot would be along the lines of 30/70.
Thanks for clearing that up. It definitely is backwards with the #'s. No wonder my defense was playing so conservative!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »