Home

New conference realignments and how do they look?

This is a discussion on New conference realignments and how do they look? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2012, 01:18 PM   #9
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: New conference realignments and how do they look?

Believe what you want but that is the rumor mill. The ACC is done as a power player.

The B1G has a standard for academics which is why those schools and the others were picked....except Nebraska. That backfired on the B1G.

As for NC State and Va. Tech it would need to happend for the B1G to get UVA and UNC. This is the same conference that went for Texas in the past. Like ND they have big demands and the B1G and SEC are bigger than one team.

Some of us might want to stop watching ESPiN to get our sports news.

Edit: if you need an ESPiN source here you go. Rumor mill.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...big-ten-rumors

Last edited by Buckeyed; 12-02-2012 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Link
Old 12-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #10
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

Cincinnati is trying hard to get into the ACC right now. The Big East has all turned on each other. LOL
Old 12-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #11
Rookie

over9000yards's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyed
Cincinnati is trying hard to get into the ACC right now. The Big East has all turned on each other. LOL
I think Cincy is probably going to stay in the Big East, at least for now. I also just read an article where UVA's AD denied they were interested in the Big 10. I personally don't see any ACC schools besides Maryland moving to the Big 10. No reason for Georgia Tech, UNC, or VT to make the move.

To clarify, how many of the conference changes that superxero27 mentioned are confirmed and how many are speculation? I intend on making the changes on my dynasty and I don't want to change something that won't happen.

When is the WAC being disbanded? I apparently missed the memo on that one.

@Tovarich I just had a thought that maybe you could move all the WAC teams into the conferances they are going to be in, then move all Independent teams into the WAC. I doubt that the game would force you to have at least one independent team at all time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by over9000yards
I think Cincy is probably going to stay in the Big East, at least for now. I also just read an article where UVA's AD denied they were interested in the Big 10. I personally don't see any ACC schools besides Maryland moving to the Big 10. No reason for Georgia Tech, UNC, or VT to make the move.

To clarify, how many of the conference changes that superxero27 mentioned are confirmed and how many are speculation? I intend on making the changes on my dynasty and I don't want to change something that won't happen.

@Tovarich I just had a thought that maybe you could move all the WAC teams into the conferances they are going to be in, then move all Independent teams into the WAC. I doubt that the game would force you to have at least one independent team at all time.
This was the last year for the WAC in football. They'll only be in the olympic sports starting next year. Texas San Antonio and Louisiana Tech to CUSA, Texas State to the Sun Belt, San Jose State and Utah State to the Mountain West, Idaho and New Mexico State Independent.

You must have a minimum of 4 schools in the WAC and 1 Independent. If you put Notre Dame in the WAC with only 3 other schools, they'll play like 4 1-AA games every year and they'll end up in the Humanitarian Bowl every year.

It's best to just accept the current alignment on this version of the game, and hopefully they'll allow us some flexibility next year with the number of teams not being stuck at 124.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #13
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

Quote:

I see your point but 35+ million is a bit more than 17 million. They all deny until it is 100% locked in. You may be right though. Who knows?
Old 12-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #14
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

All of the moves are confirmed, the effective dates for Maryland, Rutgers, and the new Big East teams could still be in flux due to exit negotiations and the like.

The WAC isn't actually disbanding, it's just being forced to stop sponsoring football after this season due to insufficient membership. With no further changes, the WAC could survive as a small, non-football conference, much like the West Coast Conference.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #15
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyed
Some of us might want to stop watching ESPiN to get our sports news.
And some of us need to stop pretending that rumors are reputable news.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #16
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
And some of us need to stop pretending that rumors are reputable news.
Or you can learn to read. Never said it wàs fact or a done deal. Just throwing out some chatter.

The OP asked for some info and I passed along some chatter behind the scenes. Take it of what it is worth.

Last edited by Buckeyed; 12-02-2012 at 08:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »