Home

Skip NCAA '14?

This is a discussion on Skip NCAA '14? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Skip NCAA '14?

A good question that has been raised over the years is whether or not an additional year to develop the game would help make it better in the longterm. Typically I disagree with this sentiment. Do I think two years of development time for one game would be better than two years of development time separated into two games? Yes, of course. But I also love having my college football fix and the idea of going without it for a year is terrible.

However, with the Xbox 720 being announced as likely to release next holiday season, I see why releasing a game this upcoming summer only to completely re-write the next year might not be the best idea. So lets assume a few things for a moment here:

1) That if the development team was to take an extra year to develop for the 720/PS4, the game would be better than if they weren't to do that.

2) That next years game of NCAA would likely be a only a marginal upgrade from '13, or close to the same upgrade we got from '12-'13.

So the question to everyone here is, would you be okay if EA decided to take an extra year to develop NCAA '15 for the next generation of consoles?

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
Pro

richmondn96's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Skip NCAA '14?

I would be okay if they made a NCAA '14 for PS3 and waited until NCAA '15 for PS4.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:10 PM   #3
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Has there been anything at all hinting NCAA 14 is even being made? I thought this was in doubt due to the exclusivity settlement and ongoing player likeness litigation.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

NCAA 14 is being made. Losing the exclusive license had no bearing on whether or not EA would make the game, because they still had the regular license. And at this point no other company is in position to make a college football game anytime soon, if ever without having the NFL license to go along with it.

But anyway I am buying 14 simply because it will have RTP 2.0. I can careless about Xbox 720 simply for the fact the only sports game it will have at launch is probably a Madden 14 and FIFA 14 port. First generation sports game normally just be a port anyway, nothing special.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0

I would be ok with it if, as you said, the improvements were marginal but I can't imagine that NCAA would be passed over for the infinity engine that they introduced in Madden this year.

What's more, if past is prologue then people will be holding onto their XBOX360/PS3 for at least a year or two after the release of the new consoles. Consider how long they were still making NCAA for the PS2 while the PS3 was out. I'm assuming it depends on the prices of the new consoles but last time it took a while for folks to make the transition.....if if the rumors about not being able to buy used games are what's going to happen then EA better plan out for NCAA for this generation of console for years to come.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2012, 08:18 AM   #6
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

I definitely want NCAA 14 in hopes that the Infinity Engine will also include real time physical interaction and ball physics, not just real time tackling. Even if I don't get that wish I'm sure tackling will be greatly improved.

Us wishing and hoping for a biennial game cycle will never happen anyway. Like my wise uncle used to tell me since I was a very small boy. "Everything in this world revolves around money, for better or worse". It's always about economics.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #7
Pro

slickkill77's Arena

OVR: 7

They need to make NCAA 14. It could well be the last one we get with those pending player lawsuits against the NCAA and EA
Old 12-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #8
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Will def be getting '14 because of the playoff system. That and I have no faith in the first NCAA version on 720 being halfway decent. Wouldn't surprise me if '14 is the game I play for the next 3-4 years.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »