Home

Best NCAA Moments

This is a discussion on Best NCAA Moments within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Best NCAA Moments

I was playing as Notre Dame against Michigan. I hadn't beaten Michigan for 4 years in my dynasty. I was winning 15-14 with 3:21 left in the 4th. They drove down the field and their QB scrambled in for a TD with :03 left. I was so mad. I threw my controller and was screaming at my TV. 21-15 with :03 left. And then the best moment i have ever had playing an NCAA game happened. I RETURNED THE KICKOFF FOR A TD!!!!!! I COULDNT HELP BUT SAYING "TAKE THAT YOU ****ING PIECE OF **** MICHIGAN!" I was so excited. Anyone else ever have a moment like this playing an NCAA game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2012, 01:38 AM   #2
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Best NCAA Moments

I kind of had one today playing online. So i play this guy we have similar both good records. I was Georgia he was USC. I hated his play style, kept using money plays on offense and all kinds of weird plays that you could classify as "cheese" It was a tight game and I was getting pretty annoyed with this guy lol. I was up by 7 and he ended up driving down the field scoring a TD to tie the game up with about 10 seconds left. Ok no problem time to go into overtime. He gets the ball first and scores a touchdown. My turn on offense. Ran a couple good plays but then toke a big sack. It's now 4th and 13 this is the ball game. I snap the ball drop back with Aaron Murray and throw it to a receiver going down the middle running a slant. Right when i threw it it looked like it might be picked off. Somehow it gets into my receivers hands but he still has to gain around 5-7 yards with 3-4 USC defenders around him, He breaks one tackle! goes into the long break tackle animation and then bulldozes his way for a couple extra more yards into the endzone! Now all i need to do is kick an extra point to tie the game and go into 2nd overtime, But I play to win the game and take the risk to go for 2! I pick my passing play and get my receiver to win the game 25-24. Felt great.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
Rookie

drk3351's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND fan 84
I was playing as Notre Dame against Michigan. I hadn't beaten Michigan for 4 years in my dynasty. I was winning 15-14 with 3:21 left in the 4th. They drove down the field and their QB scrambled in for a TD with :03 left. I was so mad. I threw my controller and was screaming at my TV. 21-15 with :03 left. And then the best moment i have ever had playing an NCAA game happened. I RETURNED THE KICKOFF FOR A TD!!!!!! I COULDNT HELP BUT SAYING "TAKE THAT YOU ****ING PIECE OF **** MICHIGAN!" I was so excited. Anyone else ever have a moment like this playing an NCAA game?
Nice, flawed cpu logic though that they didn't go for 2
Old 12-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #4
MVP

canesfins's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drk3351
Nice, flawed cpu logic though that they didn't go for 2
Not to mention why didn't the CPU just squib it? lol unless they did.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:54 PM   #5
Rookie

ownthehobo's Arena

OVR: 0

I have never quite had a moment that spectacular. But I've had some tight games but nothing comes to mind as a really big one. One really good one though was the SEC championship game one year. Stupid Alabama was #1 all season until me (#21 Mississippi State) got a crack at them in the battle for the SEC. Ended up barley winning the game off of a great defensive goal line stop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2012, 01:17 AM   #6
Pro

bruinkid626's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
Not to mention why didn't the CPU just squib it? lol unless they did.
Don't think the computer ever squibs it at all. I'm always hearing Nessler saying "They should probably just squib it here to prevent a big return" but the computer doesn't.

On topic, one of my most memorable moments playing this game was when I rallied from a 2 score deficit in under 2 minutes in an online ranked match. It involved me kick an onside kick, which my opponent recovered. However, one of my guys laid the wood on the ballcarrier causing him to fumble.. which I recovered and ran all the way back for the tying score. Ended up winning the game on a last second field goal!

I am the danger.. I am the one who knocks.

Last edited by bruinkid626; 12-11-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:32 AM   #7
MVP

canesfins's Arena

Ok stratch my earlier post, I just had the greatest game EVER.
Online ranked game both of us have good records. He's Florida State I'm Michigan. He's doing his typical scramble 30 yds behind the line of scrimmage until u find a man open from broken coverage lol. Close game but he takes the lead late 14-10. I later force a punt with 1:28 left. Good punt I get the ball at my own 4! Need to go 96 yards in 1 minute. Yikes. I complete a couple of passes and pick up yards scrambling with Denard. I get the ball down to about his 35. By now its not looking good at all for me, about only 15 seconds left.
I snap the ball to Denard Robinson in the shotgun, I look for the routes i can complete to the sideline, Not open. The deep ball? not open! So i do what denard does best and start scrambling. I scramble untouched for about 10 yards then break 1 tackle! Off balanced, Denard breaks another tackle! Then right after that on boucnes off another guy! Then uses his speed to get into the end zone with 5 seconds left!! It was a miracle game winning touchdown lol
Old 12-11-2012, 09:06 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

My best moments have all come against playing friends. Some of them are from this years game, others from past games.

Game1: Think this was in NCAA 11, I was Oregon and he was Boise State. Score is like 35-35 with two minues to go. He scores with two minutes left on the clock. I get the ball back after a big return, and score right back with 1:41 left. 42-42. He gets the ball back and marches down the field on me and scores with about 25 seconds left. I'm extremely woried. I still have three timeouts left, and get another HUGE kick return to his 45 yard line and manage to move the ball to his 5 yard line in 1 play. Can't score on the first 3 plays, and on 4th and goal with 3 seconds left, I punch it in. Rather than go to OT, I go for two, and the win, an get stopped on the 1 yard line. Was a blast.

Game 2: This time against a different friend. I'm VT and he's Georgia Tech(and he actually is running the option) I go up to take a lead with 35 seconds to go and he has zero timeouts. He gets to about the 50 yard line with 10 seconds to go. He doesnt throw it.He runs another option playand runs 50 yards on my prevent D to take the lead and win the game.

Game 3: Another last second nailbiter where I get down to 4th and goal with under 10 seconds to go, and throw a pass that gets tipped by three guys and then caugt by my reciever to win it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »