Home

how do you stop this cheese

This is a discussion on how do you stop this cheese within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: how do you stop this cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by docolla
What would you do to a guy who runs only two plays that give you the same look every time. One of them is a draw and the other is a quick button hook to the inside receiver. I know it's not cheese, but it is kind of ridiculous to run the same two plays 75% of the time and use the same formation 100% of the time.
I would still continue to mix up my play calling but I would sit in a run package like a 5-2. Then I would maintain control of the MLB and manually watch for the button hook over and over.

I play a guy who likes to mix up his plays but he throws the curl & flats a lot, so I manually watch for the curl route and I get a pick or two a game from just knowing his tendencies.

Anyone that does something over and over is easier to defend than the guy who mixes his plays up. My personal view on it at least.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #10
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by docolla
What would you do to a guy who runs only two plays that give you the same look every time. One of them is a draw and the other is a quick button hook to the inside receiver. I know it's not cheese, but it is kind of ridiculous to run the same two plays 75% of the time and use the same formation 100% of the time.
Oh this is a easy one.

There are two ways to stop the Draw/Gut/Dive.

The easiest way is to CLOG the hole of which the HB is running to. The drawback to this is the cutback lanes created for the RB. The game's mechanics isnt good enough for the RB to be quick or "realistic" enough for a "Stop On A Dime" type cutback, but none the less, the danger is still there. HOWEVER, a LB blitz coming off both sides would probably put a track on the HB.

The other way to stop it is bring in those trusty ole LBs.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thats hardly cheese... let me know when he puts like 600 yards rushing up on you... now thats cheese.

However, just gotta work on it, and now hes lucky to put up 300 on me (huge win for me).

But, he puts up like 600 passing now.

Its just a dog chasing its tail. Just keep working on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »