Home

Custom Rivalries

This is a discussion on Custom Rivalries within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2012, 10:44 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Custom Rivalries

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard_Nation
It would be a perfect application for the ESPN Instant Classic score. Most rivalries are begun with close games and instant classics are usually close games. Say, if you have 3 out of 5 years with an Instant classic score >900 (I'm just spitballing here) than it asks u if u want to be rivals. Thoughts?
I think that'd be a great way of implementing rivalries. The only problem: When would a team be dropped from the a team's "Rogues Gallery?" For example, I play as MTSU, almost exclusively, and their rivals are NT, WKU, and Troy. However, as my team gets better, I stop playing them as much (and when I do, it's only to help with goals/promises), so when would the CPU drop that team? Or do you think EA would have us swap out rival teams in order to change the rivals?
Old 12-19-2012, 12:48 AM   #10
Rookie

ownthehobo's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunt26
I think that'd be a great way of implementing rivalries. The only problem: When would a team be dropped from the a team's "Rogues Gallery?" For example, I play as MTSU, almost exclusively, and their rivals are NT, WKU, and Troy. However, as my team gets better, I stop playing them as much (and when I do, it's only to help with goals/promises), so when would the CPU drop that team? Or do you think EA would have us swap out rival teams in order to change the rivals?
The best way to do it would be when you choose you want to be rivals, you would pick the rival you wanted it to replace.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:24 AM   #11
Rookie

T-Moar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunt26
You would be given the option after not playing a team for 3 years. Done and done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2012, 08:40 AM   #12
Rookie

MWit28725's Arena

OVR: 5

This is one aspect I have been hoping for year in and year out. It makes even more sense now that we have the ability to change the conferences up completely.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #13
Rookie

........Do you mean barely?.....
Old 12-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #14
Rookie

Cubs017's Arena

OVR: 2

I would like to have the option to edit rivalries. Put it in there. If people use it, great. If they don't want to, fine. I'm all for giving that kind of freedom to the user.

Personally, I wouldn't use it too much. Rivalries don't just spring up after a game or two - it takes time for a real rivalry to develop. Most people who just play the dynasty for a couple of seasons shouldn't really get much use out of it. It would be nice for those of us that play a little longer, though.

I mean, I built up Central Michigan into a big-time program, going from the MAC to the Big East. After a certain amount of time it was kind of disappointing to still schedule EMU and WMU every year. The rivalry didn't matter all that much when my school was a B or an A and they were a D+. I had a series of great games with Boise State though, so it would've been nice to have those games mean a bit more.

Of course, in order for this to matter the rivalry games have to have more of an impact. As it is I feel like there really isn't much of a difference - the CPU seems to play harder against me in rivalry games, but the atmosphere is always the same.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 1
I would love to have this option in dynasty, especially with teams changing conferences every other year. Would add to the realism of dynasty mode IMO. If I'm beating the **** out of my "rival" every year, how is this still a "rivalry" game?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2012, 12:56 AM   #16
Rookie

T-Moar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggiejerseys
I would love to have this option in dynasty, especially with teams changing conferences every other year. Would add to the realism of dynasty mode IMO. If I'm beating the **** out of my "rival" every year, how is this still a "rivalry" game?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
Rivalries are based around two schools' mutual dislike of each other. It doesn't necessarily have to be just sports-related - in fact, most of the time, it has nothing to do with sports. The schools just happen to play each other frequently.

Spoiler

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »