Home

Anyone else here think that NCAA is a better game than Madden?

This is a discussion on Anyone else here think that NCAA is a better game than Madden? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2003, 03:04 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Anyone else here think that NCAA is a better game than Madden?

NCAA is better and much more fun
Old 12-08-2003, 02:17 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

SKINSFAN0303 said:
NCAA is better and much more fun

DITTO
Old 12-09-2003, 02:21 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

NCAA is quite a bit better than Madden. Three main reasons:

1. Alot better DB AI and you see more of a variety in scoring. You'll have games that are 45-42, then have a game that's 10-6. In Madden most all games are 49-42.

2. WORLDS BETTER sound, mainly crowd noise and of course announcing.

3. More teams, more vareity in playbooks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2003, 04:43 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

NCAA is nowhere near as good as Madden. I have both games and it isn't even close in my mind. Running, Passing, and Defense are all better in Madden. The new control using the right analog stick is also something that you really can't do without once you learn how to use it ( a great addition). Not to mention that the outdated engine that NCAA uses is just plain outdated. It's slow and if you don't wait for it to call an offensive play before you call your D play the AI running game is virtually non-existant. I have a real problem with people wanting to portray NCAA as the greatest sports game on the market because in my opinion, after extensive play, I thought it was probably the most disappointing game out of their EA sports line up this year. I think it is highly over rated. And if you don't want to believe my assessment of Madden over NCAA just look at all the tournaments and Professional athletes that point to Madden being "The Beast". Most people who think NCAA has better DB AI, etc. haven't learned how to use the new controls because trust me it makes all the difference in the world.
Old 12-10-2003, 08:37 PM   #13
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

NCAA is nowhere near as good as Madden. I have both games and it isn't even close in my mind. Running, Passing, and Defense are all better in Madden. The new control using the right analog stick is also something that you really can't do without once you learn how to use it ( a great addition). Not to mention that the outdated engine that NCAA uses is just plain outdated. It's slow and if you don't wait for it to call an offensive play before you call your D play the AI running game is virtually non-existant. I have a real problem with people wanting to portray NCAA as the greatest sports game on the market because in my opinion, after extensive play, I thought it was probably the most disappointing game out of their EA sports line up this year. I think it is highly over rated. And if you don't want to believe my assessment of Madden over NCAA just look at all the tournaments and Professional athletes that point to Madden being "The Beast". Most people who think NCAA has better DB AI, etc. haven't learned how to use the new controls because trust me it makes all the difference in the world.

I haven't played Madden since the first week of October. NCAA is where it's at. I like using the right analog stick to flip the direction of the run without flipping the whole play, but other than that, I don't think the playmaker part of Madden is anything to write home about.

As far as the engine....uh, they use the same engine dude. Not sure what you're talking about. And if anything, NCAA plays faster than Madden. That's one of the main complaints about Madden actually, why is it so slow?

I think most people who pay little attention to NCAA do so mainly because they are fans of the NFL and not college football. I fans of both, and I don't enjoy playing Madden. Good lord, the kickoff returns alone are enough to annoy me. Why can't they set up a wedge?
Old 12-11-2003, 06:02 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 10

I do, as much as I love playing Madden, I always go back to NCAA.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:03 AM   #15
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

as much as i like the NFl. NCAA is always a lot more fun to watch in real life. you never know when something will happen and the fans are more into it. i don't know why but college football is a lot more fun to play and watch than the NFL. i like the features Madden have with the dynasty but i like recruiting and all that more than drafting. give me any college game and i'll probably like that more than the pro game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2003, 03:06 AM   #16
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

Bob Trumpy, an NFL commentator, has a local radio show in Cincinnati, and was talking about the Chiefs earlier this season...he made the comment that Arrowhead Stadium is the closest you get to a college atmosphere in the NFL. The pros just don't compare.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »