Home

One of the best games ever - ruined by freeze.

This is a discussion on One of the best games ever - ruined by freeze. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2012, 01:25 AM   #1
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11
One of the best games ever - ruined by freeze.

#4 WSU vs #8 ND in the Fiesta Bowl. I come from 13 down in the second half and 10 down in the 4th quarter to tie the game with a FG as time expires, after I went 60 yards in 20 sec with no timeouts, to go to OT. I score first in OT, they answer. Then they settle for a FG and I end up running the ball in from the 5 to win the game - 74-71 (shoot out, I know). I'm pumped and watching the celebration take place on the field, feeling like a BOSS, when everything stops. FROZEN SOLID. Now I'm watching my created coach hold up the fiesta bowl trophy and thinking what an ending to a great season that would've been. Fml.

Edit: The cherry on top of this was that I set numerous offensive records with both my senior QB and senior WR.

Sucks because I enjoy the game, yeah it could be better, but it's a good experience - minus this bull shït

Last edited by Mckinley Cash; 12-19-2012 at 01:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #2
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: One of the best games ever - ruined by freeze.

I keep hearing about all these freeze issues yet I've only experienced it once and that was on release day. Guess I'm just lucky.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:14 AM   #3
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy43
I keep hearing about all these freeze issues yet I've only experienced it once and that was on release day. Guess I'm just lucky.
I've experienced it about 5-6 times, and that's ok. It's the timing of them that gets me.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:46 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Honestly, I feel like it only freezes when God mode gets beat.

The game is probably laughing at you, then when youre about to win it says F this guy... see how he likes this shiz?! and then bam... frozen.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:02 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

EmmdotFrisk - he works for EA. Tell those people and complain, if it comes from a group with one significant problem, they'll get it to the powers that be. If they don't, well we all know how corrupt the world can be..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2012, 10:27 PM   #6
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Are you in 360 or PS3?

I have a friend at work who plays dynasty seasons and he experienced his first freeze ever , during his fifth season. He is on PS3. His experience was very similar to yours. He had his "greatest game ever" was reviewing his stats after the game ended, then it froze.

Me, on the other hand- I play on 360 and I get a freeze about once per season. It's not game-breaking, but it's annoying as heck. (I don't use custom playbooks). As I've stated in other freeze threads, my freezes tend to occur during halftime transition screens.

Bottom line: I FEEL YOUR PAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckinley Cash
#4 WSU vs #8 ND in the Fiesta Bowl. I come from 13 down in the second half and 10 down in the 4th quarter to tie the game with a FG as time expires, after I went 60 yards in 20 sec with no timeouts, to go to OT. I score first in OT, they answer. Then they settle for a FG and I end up running the ball in from the 5 to win the game - 74-71 (shoot out, I know). I'm pumped and watching the celebration take place on the field, feeling like a BOSS, when everything stops. FROZEN SOLID. Now I'm watching my created coach hold up the fiesta bowl trophy and thinking what an ending to a great season that would've been. Fml.

Edit: The cherry on top of this was that I set numerous offensive records with both my senior QB and senior WR.

Sucks because I enjoy the game, yeah it could be better, but it's a good experience - minus this bull shït
Old 12-31-2012, 10:30 PM   #7
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8

I stopped my most recent dynasty because I began to get freezes at halftime of every game I played in 2018.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:40 PM   #8
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

That's disheartening. Makes me wonder why EA doesn't add an in-game save feature. Does Madden have in-game saves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsbuck
I stopped my most recent dynasty because I began to get freezes at halftime of every game I played in 2018.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »