Home

A lot of yards after catch?

This is a discussion on A lot of yards after catch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2003, 01:05 AM   #1
Darth_Dorn

OVR:
A lot of yards after catch?

Is anyone getting a lot of yards after the catch in this game?

It seems that for a lot of my passes, the player will be tackled almost right after he catches the ball, and will only end up getting about 10 yards after the catch all game. I've almost found that the only way to get some decently good yards after the catch is to go completely off the route after catching the ball. I'm talking like if the guy is running to the right on the pass, once he catches it, have him stop and go back to the left then up. Even on slants or streaks, he catches it and right away he goes down.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2003, 06:28 AM   #2
Regular Cat RecordsŪ

3rdAnswer's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: A lot of yards after catch?

There's not suppose to be a lot of YAC, unless you like to throw a lot of screen passes.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:10 PM   #3
Darth_Dorn

OVR:

I know there's not supposed to be a lot of YAC, but there still should be a couple of my plays where I catch the ball and have some room to run for a bigger gain.

The computer...on the other hand...their YAC is astronomical. I think that's due to my defensive incapabilities though.

Old 11-10-2003, 05:40 PM   #4
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Are u playing on Heismann? If you are, I believe that is a normal thing. If you play on AA like I do(I play with pretty bad teams tho like Central Florida right now, Kentucky in the past), u should have realistic YAC, or more YAC than you should.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:00 PM   #5
Darth_Dorn

OVR:

Nope, I'm playing on All-American.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2003, 08:44 AM   #6
Fear Ameer

skitch's Arena

OVR: 32

I've found out that plays that send a receiver right across the middle of the field, heading out of bounds, can get you a load of YAC. With a speedy receiver, just lay the ball right in front of him, and he will be able to keep with his route after catching the ball and still get a heap of yards.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:27 AM   #7
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

It depends on the play more than anything. NCAA leaves you very little wiggle room with a WR once he catches it, but keep in mind that when you play as the QB you get to see the field much easier than a real life QB, and thus it's easier to hit the right man. If we had a realistic YAC, then it would be way too easy to pass for 300 yards every game. I pass for 250 with little to no YAC as is. That said, crossing routes to the outside, flags, and streaks can produce good YAC if the DB goes for a pick and misses it. Screens also produce good YAC but that really doesn't count. But outs and posts and anything over the middle you are looking at maybe 2 yards tops after a catch. Just the way it is.
Old 11-12-2003, 05:19 PM   #8
pol
All Star

pol's Arena

OVR: 14

you should be able to get good YAC if you have high agility/speed WR's and run screens and those little drag routes(i think thats what they are called)... try getting your small speedy wr--if you have one--and run a little drag just past the o-line. if the d plays soft he should be open to make a play witht he ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »