Home

Getting commits during the season

This is a discussion on Getting commits during the season within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Getting commits during the season

The first thing I do is check recruits who have me #1 on their list. I add almost all of them that are 3 stars or higher (2 stars if I am just starting a dynasty with a weak team, or 1 star Full Backs). I then go through and check for those that have me in the top 10. Lastly I go through higher rated recruits that do no have interest in me yet. I first check pipeline then all states. I add those that only have interest in a few schools and the last one is less than 4-500 recruiting points behind the first.

The first week I spend only 10 minutes on those who list me first. I only offer the scholarship hoping for instant commits. I usually get 1-3. Those that don't commit still get 120-200 recruiting points and I almost always remain #1 on their list the next week.

I then offer everyone else and spend time according to my needs and their quality. I find that offering everyone the first week really moves me up their list.

Each week I spend the most time on my highest rated recruits and those that do not have me #1. When you are #1 there is always a chance for an instant commit at any time, so I try to become #1 as quickly as possible. I also arrange visits as soon as possible as long as I know that I have 3 pitches that are good.

The no first year redshirt is the only promise I use as it is easy to keep. I've heard that it is most effective to offer the same week as the visit, but I can't confirm that. I use it mostly when I need a point boost and don't have many A or B level pitches.

I delete targets when I keep falling every week or am several hundred points down halfway through the season, especially when their #1 team has already offered a scholarship. This allows me to focus on those that I really have a a chance of getting.

I usually get 15-20 commits during the season this way. I always try to save 5 or so for transfers and recruiting during the offseason.

I have only recruited at the All-American level. So this approach may not work at Heisman. I usually start dynasties with a 1 star team and within 2 years easily recruit 3 star or better for every position.

I have found that this approach may not be real effective on 5 star recruits, but as you become a top 10 ranked team, getting 4 star recruits is no problem.

Hope this helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »