Home

Getting commits during the season

This is a discussion on Getting commits during the season within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #1
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23
Getting commits during the season

i kind of always had this problem but have never really asked or told anyone. I just think im bad at the recruiting part. I started a season with Duke and we are currently 9-2. Ranked #10. when should i offer scholarships? or any advice period on how to get commits during the season. even in the past when i played with schools like texas or whoever I could never get recruits to commit during the season. difficulty is on varsity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #2
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Getting commits during the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
i kind of always had this problem but have never really asked or told anyone. I just think im bad at the recruiting part. I started a season with Duke and we are currently 9-2. Ranked #10. when should i offer scholarships? or any advice period on how to get commits during the season. even in the past when i played with schools like texas or whoever I could never get recruits to commit during the season. difficulty is on varsity.
I always offer right away once I'm first on the recruits list. so that means in week 1 i offer everyone that has me first, and usually doing this i get 1-3 guys that instantly commit
Old 12-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

The very first week, I just offer every recruit a scholarship. By week two, you pretty much know who to target for an early commit. Sometimes they commit right away when you offer the first week.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I do the same offer scholarships right away. Something else you want to do is schedule the visit as soon as possible but you want the pitches you match up also.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:29 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

I wait until I am number one on a recruits list. Typically the second, third, or fourth week. That tends to produce a few commitments from players. I would only offer a scholarship to someone that is not first on your list if you need to make up some points to catch up to the school that is leading on the recruiting trail.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2013, 03:09 AM   #6
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

I've always offered scholarships right away, and with the strategy I employee I generally land a Top5 recruiting class every year with Louisville after the first 2 or 3 years.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:28 AM   #7
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8

I always offer a scholarship to all players on my list the first week, especially the players that have me #1 on their list first just in case they insta-commit. I've also started using some promises to players I'm trailing big on in Week 2 that I really want. I don't use promises on everyone though. But those extra points help when you're only spending 30 min on each player in the first few weeks. The easiest ones are National Exposure and Home State Game.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

I offer to recruits when they are 1st on my list. However, my board may be full, but I go after 10 at a time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »