Home

QB Fumbles Are Ruining the Game

This is a discussion on QB Fumbles Are Ruining the Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #9
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: QB Fumbles Are Ruining the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsdabeast
I get that you have to slide in this game. But why are ratings different for QBs than everybody else? I notice stamina & carry are handicapped to prevent QB runs for the user. But that's not the case for CPU QB runs. Constant runs, very few fumbles.

One outside run with the QB will take your player from green to red instantly. I understand why in an online game you want to prevent running QBs from running wild by killing their stamina & constant fumbles. But better QB spy logic will fix this issue. Horrible tackling angles are killer too. Their method just seems lazy.

I'm not going to look up the stats. But the NIU QB had 1700 rushing yards. And I'm sure he didn't have 20 fumbles in that season to get those yards. Including constantly being benched for the backup to catch his breath.
72 of the 95 players in college football that have the most fumbles are quarterbacks.

That's why it's so different.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 01-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

They handicapped running QB's to deter cheesers.

Maybe they will change it next year for some QB's seeing how the heisman winner ran for 1181 yards
Old 01-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #11
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edi286
They handicapped running QB's to deter cheesers.

Maybe they will change it next year for some QB's seeing how the heisman winner ran for 1181 yards
I hate this idea so much. With these dual-threat guys becoming a more integral part of the game, we should not be punished for using a player to his strength. I have a spread offense that is very QB-run oriented (think Tebow). I shouldn't have to play football by EA's online community's definition, especially offline and considering the flawed opinions of many complainers.
To the OP, find ATH/QB's with higher carrying ratings and this will not happen anymore than with a RB/WR.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #12
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
72 of the 95 players in college football that have the most fumbles are quarterbacks.

That's why it's so different.
Not quite. The quarterback touches the ball on every play and those fumbles are not only from quarterbacks scrambling beyond the LOS. I would bet that a significant number of those were caused by mishandled snaps/botched handoffs/strip sacks/etc.

This game increases the chances of a QB fumbling when they scramble out of a pass play which I don't believe is correctly aligned with reality.

Running quarterbacks are handicapped and it hurts the game.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53
Not quite. The quarterback touches the ball on every play and those fumbles are not only from quarterbacks scrambling beyond the LOS. I would bet that a significant number of those were caused by mishandled snaps/botched handoffs/strip sacks/etc.

This game increases the chances of a QB fumbling when they scramble out of a pass play which I don't believe is correctly aligned with reality.

Running quarterbacks are handicapped and it hurts the game.
Glad I'm not the only one who notices this issue. Hopefully they stop handicapping QBs & instead fix their poor AI. Horrible QB spy coding.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #14
Just started!

OVR: 0

Including constantly being benched for the backup to catch his breath.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Change your settings a bit. I have never had one of my qbs get benches to catch their breath. That issue is solved by changing the auto subs options.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #16
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53
A fumble is a fumble, no matter what way you look at it.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »