Home

Enhancing the Option Offense?

This is a discussion on Enhancing the Option Offense? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Enhancing the Option Offense?

I love playing with teams like Georgia Tech who run the traditional option, it's such a fun way to play the game. However, it is terrible in NCAA 13. On Speed Option plays, it's a loss of yardage 90% of the time. The only plays that seem to work on Midline QB Iso, FB Dive, and some others. Even the DE plays like Julius Peppers everytime I'm trying to get to the outside with the QB or HB. Is it just me or does anyone else who uses team like Georgia Tech experience this?

How do I make the option work better? Adjust sliders? Varisty? All-American? Heisman? Adjust ratings? Please help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2013, 02:31 PM   #2
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
I use Navy, so let me attempt to help:

You have to read the DE on every play. If they stand, hand the ball to the FB. If they rush, keep and go to your next read.

On Speed Option, it's the same idea, but you need to read which defender is assigned to your QB. Don't just rush outside. If you take a step out, and the defender had a better angle to the sideline, cut up field. If the defender is about even, try a fake pitch to see if he bites. If at any point the defender keys on you, pitch.

The biggest mistake I see people make who run the flex bone is running towards the sideline with the QB. The pitch is designed to be made before or near the hash mark.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »